Chapter 2

It's 5th period and I'm dying. I'm currently stuck in Theater 3 and it's so hot. We're supposed to be coming up with an idea for our next project. School talent show. All theater students are required to participate. The singers are working on something. The dancers are working on something. The make-up and regular drawing/painting artists are collaborating and working on something. I'm just sitting here alone ya know, just chilling. I didn't see Uncle Rosco this morning, I wonder if he's working overtime.

"Charlotte, 2 things." Mr. Skipper says as he approaches me. I nod letting him know I'm paying attention.

"You're gonna be paired with Henry since he's not here and you don't have a group," I don't even know who that is. I should really pay more attention to my classmates since school is all I got now."Get to the office, they called for you. If you need anything, come talk to me. Brace yourself bae." Skip says. I nod and smile at him. He smiles back and dismisses me with a bow. I exit the auditorium and head to the office with my book-bag on my back. I grab my strap, bracing myself for the worst. The office is all the way on the other side of campus. This is gonna be a long walk. Let's go over all possible worse case scenarios.

My parents are fighting for me and they called up the school. Maybe my sister came and decided to take control of my life. Maybe she's decided to take me even though I texted her this morning telling her I'm fine. Maybe Mom is in the hospital again. She told us she's got cancer so I'd understand. Maybe Dad tried to kill himself, he told us he was dubbed a harm to himself and those around him if he couldn't control his emotions. I could see him doing that, he's written plenty of suicide notes. I finally get to the office, and snap out of my thoughts when I realize it's silent. I open the door and as soon as I step in I see our principal, Mr. Markov, and a kid.

The kid is blonde, brown eyed and just downright hot. He looks fairly upset though. I look at our principal after I close the door behind myself. He just sighs and looks at me with sad eyes. I honestly don't know what to expect. What does this kid have to do with me? 

"Charlotte please have a seat." He says shakily, pointing to the empty chair in front of his desk. The kid is standing behind the desk on the left of Mr. Markov, the chair I walk over to and sit down in is also positioned left in front of Markov's desk. The kid is standing right in front of me and honestly, I want him to be closer.

"Do you want some water or anything?" Markov asks. I shake my head but then I realize I did just say it was hot. 

"Can I go buy a soda?" I ask and I see he's thinking it over. I take this time to take in my surroundings, the windows are closed and only 1 light is turned on. Maybe something bad did happen and it has to do with this kid.

"After I tell you this. Okay so you know Henry right? You guys have every class together. You have had every class together for 3 years now." He says looking directly at me and only adverting his eyes to Henry while speaking his last few words. Henry looks as if he was just proven right about something. I raise my eyebrow to the both of them. This kid doesn't even look like someone who'd take any of the classes that I do. Especially not this year. I don't remember seeing any guys in my dance and parenting class. 

"Uh sure I guess. I haven't really payed attention to any of my classmates since 7th grade." I say with a sort of sad tone. Henry groans and I look at him.

"I told you she wouldn't know who I am. Can I go get my gummy bears now? I can buy her a soda and come back once you've told her." Henry says. Sweet baby Jesus! That voice is just amazing. He even licked his lips after speaking, sexyness overload! Wait a minute, what's wrong with me? This is a serious moment and I'm fawning over this guy, this attractive guy.  The principal nods and Henry moves to leave. Well damn he's tall. I'm just now noticing his outfit : a black hoodie, black jeans with rips at the knees and white nike air force 1s. So plain and so sexy. 

"What do you want?" He looks at me and asks nicely in a gentle tone and a really soft voice, it's like if he speaks too loud something, ME, will break. 

"Umm a sprite." I answer and he nods. One corner of his mouth turns up forming a half smile. I smile back and feel some heat course through my body. Oh boy, soon enough my nose will be red and my cheeks will heat up. I guess to me it's embarrassing to have a cute boy smile to me in front of an adult. He walks out, closing the door and I face the principal. He opens his mouth.

"Charlotte, your Uncle Rosco died this afternoon. It was an accident. The person who shot him is locked up and your parents were alerted immediately. Both of them are flying in with your sister to talk to you about where you'll go. I'm sorry." I wish he hadn't ever told me this. My whole world crashes. My heart cracks, dropping along with my stomach. I stare at the desk, lost. Soon my vision gets blurry. I rub my eyes and feel tears. I get sucked into my emotions. I completely break down, first it's crying and then cursing. Dry-heaving and a panic attack. 

Uncle Rosco is dead. It was an accident. Uncle Rosco died but it was an accident. The one person I thought would actually be there is gone - no not gone, dead. Is it me? There must be something wrong with me if all of this is happening and right after each other too. What is the point in living if there is nothing to live for? There won't be anyone to watch me accomplish things, if I perform in shows who will sit in the audience and watch? My parents certainly won't, they never did. What am I gonna do? Why can't I keep it together? I don't even know what to get a grip on. Casey thought it useless to do anything, she's literally living off a drug dealing boyfriend. I don't want to do that.

"Charlotte, you'll be okay. I'm going to take care of you now. Calm down. I'm taking you in, and no one can take me from you. This I promise you." That mini speech, soothes me in ways I didn't think were possible. It's like instantly something clicks and once Henry is finished talking, I'm calm. I find Henry's face in front of mine, he's looking straight in my eyes and he's deeply concerned. I burst out in sobs again. This time no panic attack. I cover my face with my hands and cry, again. I mumble repeatedly that Uncle Rosco is dead. Then I repeatedly whisper no. Tears of heartbreak, frustration, depression, anger, hurt and loss pour out. I should've gone to eat dinner with him last night, dammit why did I say no? Who cares if I wasn't hungry, I missed his last meal. If I'd known it would be his last meal I would have cooked and went all out. 

Arms engulf me in a warm hug. I slowly stop crying and just sniffle. I move out the warm embrace and face the principal. He looks heartbroken. I guess it's not everyday a student breaks down in front of you. My face has to be blank. I blink twice and more tears come down. Dammit, I can't stop crying. This time though, I don't try to cover them. I just let them fall, I don't cry out anything. It's a silent cry this time. I don't know what to do with myself anymore. I'm a mess, this is the most I've cried and I don't even usually cry. I must look so broken, the girl who lost everything all within 24 hours. How fucked up is that? If you ask me, very.