Chapter 20

Charlotte

I can't believe I broke down like that in front of Henry. I just starting thinking about my uncle and things were going in my head. Would he want me to be all over this boy like that? Probably not, we'd always talked numerous times about why it was not good to be a fast ass little girl. Time and time again he reminded me that if I didn't want to end up like my parents, only together for the sake of their children, I probably shouldn't act so damn grown when really I don't know anything about truly being with someone. I think I can do these things but I just can't, I have no idea what I'm doing here. (A/N- YOU THINK YOU CAN DO THESE THINGS BUT YOU JUST CAN'T NEMO!) 

This is a huge heartbreak waiting to happen, I just know it. I can see I'm going to get jealous over every little thing and Henry will get tired of my ass soon or maybe he'll just get angry and hit me. I just don't know what to expect. I finally get out the shower and wrap a towel around myself. I walk into our bedroom to find Henry lounging in the chair. His eyes immediately flicker to me as I step into view. He smiles and I smile back but then his eyebrows scrunch up. I did smile at him right?

"What's wrong?" Henry asks. I sigh.

"Long story." I lie hoping he'll take it. He just shakes his head and pats a spot on the bed nearest to him. Why are his arms so long? I wouldn't reach the bed from that chair unless I like hung off the arm of the chair. I sit down where he previously patted still in my towel. Henry folds his arms on the arm of the chair and puts his chin on top of them, staring at me like a child waiting to hear a fascinating story.

"I'm still iffy about this all. Uncle Rosco used to always say that I should stay away from relationships while I'm young if I wanted to avoid being like my mom and dad. I don't want us to end up like that. Please just try and understand, I can't let us end up like them. They absolutely hate each other, I would hate myself if I let us get to that point." I pour out hoping Henry will just agree with me. 

"Char, listen to me. I know how you feel but no one else can determine our relationship but us. Our relationship may be like other people's in terms of getting involved at a young age but we damn sure aren't the same. Just because your parents didn't work out doesn't automatically mean we won't. That's the end of their story but you're so focused on their ending that you won't even let us start the next chapter in our beginning. Please baby really listen here. Yes we're only 16 but we don't have to start dating now. We can get to know each other and we can date when we're 19 or something. i just want to be yours and I really want you to be mine." Henry states calmly and I just grin widely. I plant a big kiss on his lips and then pull away before he tries anything slick. It's bad enough I'm still in my towel. 

"Okay, I understand. I'm sorry, I'll try to not let this get the best of me. I know we're different and you're right we have our own unique story." I say truthfully. Henry's words definitely stirred up something in me. He's right, not everyone has the same story. I need to let ours be different and hope that it will work. We won't know if it works if I never even let us try. I feel pressure on my thigh and I look down to see Henry's hand squeezing up my thigh. I go to smack his fingers but I end up slapping my own thigh 'cause he moved his hand.

"Ow, damn you!" I yell in pain. Henry laughs and I glare at him then I hiss through my teeth. I hit hard, too hard.

"I'm sorry baby." Henry says innocently and then pecks my thigh. Then he starts kissing up my leg and I push his head away because he was getting a little too close to my goodies. 

"Boy, stop doing that! Go shower so I can dress." I spit at him. He smirks and gets up going to the bathroom. I head to the dresser and open one of my draws. I pull out a black bra, red panties a white halter top and a pair of soft light blue denim shorts. I close my draw and head to the bathroom, I completely forgot to lotion myself. I knock on the door loud enough for Henry to hear.