Chapter 12

"Come in, come in." Henry says as he opens the door. I hear footsteps and some sounds. I hear scratches on the floor. I turn the oven off and turn around facing the living room expecting to see Henry and Ron but instead I see the most adorable 4-legged creatures ever. Husky puppies. I squeal and immediately get down on my knees to greet them. They run right up to me as I hold my hands out for them to sniff me and love me. Which they do as I start petting them.

"Aww you guys are so cute, yes you are." I say in a baby voice. This is like cuteness overload. 

"Char did the puppies come in, yes they did." Henry says as he walks in the kitchen and answers his own question. I look up to the sound of his voice and he's smiling and shaking his head.

"What? They're so cute, are these the dogs Uncle Ron said he was going to get to keep him company?" I ask him as I place both puppies in my lap and just snuggle with them on the floor. 

"Actually that was a lie, Henry bought these puppies for yous two." A fatherly voice says. I look to see it was my father's fatherly voice. Yay, everyone's here.

"Aww Hen, thanks so much but unless y'all wanna starve take these two away so I can get the food out the oven." I say and Henry whistles and claps his hands.

"Come on babies." Henry says eagerly and the pups leap out of my lap and follow him as he runs out the kitchen. I get up and brush myself off, hairs already. I move to the sink and wash my hands then I grab the green oven mitts. I put them on and open the oven. Why it's still hot as hell amazes me but hey, I gotta make this quick fast. Okay in and out Charlotte. I go in and grab the pot and pull it out and place it on the stove. I close the oven and take my mitts off.

"Wooo! I did it!" I celebrate briefly before admiring my work. I'd decided to make baked spaghetti and it looks amazing, the cheese is melted so perfectly on top. My lord, this is gonna be amazing. I get out 4 forks and set them on top of some napkins on our island counter top. I also get out a serving spoon and just stick it randomly inside the spaghetti. I turn around and scan our kitchen for plastic plates. Damn, they're on top of the fridge. Henry must have put them there, damn inconsiderate tall bitch. 

"Kay come eat!" I yell and all 3 of these vacuums come racing into the kitchen. They all gather around the spaghetti and groan.

"Damn Char, that looks good." Henry says licking his lips. Aw shit, that's so sexy. Why'd he have to do that, building up sexual tensions right in front of Dad and Uncle Ron. 

"Where da plates at?" Dad asks. I roll my eyes, his speech comes out like this when he's hungry. 

"Oh I don't know. Maybe on top of the fridge where I can't fricking reach." I say hotly, refraining from cursing in front of 2 adults that I have the utmost respect for. I glare at Henry and he blushes slightly then laughs it off.

"Sorry Char, I forget." Henry says after he's brought the plates down and he passes each of us a plate. Dad starts piling up on his plate and I know it'll take a while.

"Where are the pups?" I ask Henry realizing it's rather silent.

"Asleep in our bedroom, they have a bed in there." Henry says and I nod. Dad leaves out the kitchen and Ron starts piling up on his plates.

"Y'all better not get the runs." Henry says making me laugh and slap his arm.

"Henry, not around food please." I say and he shrugs and makes a 'but-it's-true' face. I roll my eyes.

"Don't worry, we brought spray and we'll take turns in the bathroom." Ron assures us and walks out the kitchen eating. 

"Eww. I hate you guys." I say and Henry just grabs my plate.