Chapter 7

I wake up startled, I touch my head and find the part of my bonnet that was rising up. I fix it and lay back down.

"Char, do you want to go to school today?" I hear a sleepy voice ask, damn there's no going back to sleep.

"No, but that's me everyday. Why'd you ask?" I say with a yawn somewhere in the middle.

"The people at the hospital are holding a service for your Uncle today, I thought maybe you'd take the day off." Henry says more awake now. I really don't want to go, funerals are sad but if I don't who will? 

"When is it?" I ask as I sit up and start rubbing my eyes.

"It starts at 6, Jasper and I are going to come. They want strictly semi-formal attire. So we'll go to school and get released early. We can come home, change and you can prepare or whatever you need to do." Henry says and I nod.

"Alright let's do it. Anyone home?" I ask and he sighs.

"Yeah they're downstairs, happily eating breakfast. I don't know what I did to make them hate me so much." He says thoughtfully. I get out of bed and grab some clothes for today out of my suitcase.

"After I shower, I'll find out." I promise him as I walk out the room. When it's morning we just share Henry's bathroom. I get inside and start the shower, while waiting for the water to warm up I brush my teeth. I rinse out my mouth and strip - girl I just wanna see you strip right noow - then I step in the shower. I suds myself up and rinse right off. I suds myself up again and rinse right off. I take some facial wash and wash my face, duh. After having the soap on my face for about 10 seconds it starts to burn, dammit. I breathe to calm my face but then it gets too much and I rinse it off. I can see clearly now, the rain is gone. I turn off the water and step out. That's when the worst thing ever happens, I realize I don't have my towel. FUUUUUUU-

"Char, uhm you forgot your towel I'm gonna come in so you should probably stay in the shower." Henry says hesitantly. Oh thank the lord, I thought my life was over. The door opens and I jump my black ass in the shower, covering myself with the curtain.

"Did you see anything?" I ask him. 

"No but I feel like if I came in 2 seconds earlier I would have." He says remorsefully. He throws my towel over the curtain rod and I catch it, wrapping myself tightly in it. 

"Thank you so much, I honestly don't know what I'd.." I say but then I trail off. I stepped out the shower to fine Henry well uh, sitting on the sink counter just ya know shirtless.

"I'd uh ya know uh... mhm yeah" I say nervously. I grab my clothes and walk out the bathroom. Damn that was awkward and damn why is he taken? Shiiiit, that Bianca bitch is luckyyyy. I get to Hen's bedroom and get dressed. Now here we go. I walk out the room and downstairs where it's just a whole new atmosphere. I walk right into the kitchen and everyone looks at me, curiously. Oh so they wanna play dumb?

"It's nice to finally have a face to put to the names." I say politely and they all smile, that's creepy as shit. 

"You know our names? Well let's hear it then and then you could tell us yours." Henry's dad says.

"Piper, Siren and Jake." I list, pointing at them as I say their name.

"Great, you know names, wanna have breakfast with us?"Piper asks and I feel the obnoxiousness from her in great vibe waves.

"No thanks, I think you know why I'm here so let's get to it. Why Henry?" I ask boldly. I hear a clank. I watch as Siren gulps, perspiration forms on Jake's eyebrow and Piper smiles smugly.

"He's different from us, he doesn't know how to act." Piper says, it's easy for a sister to hate their brother.

"Listen, kid not interested in what you gotta say, when you're older you will regret hating him so shuttup," she scoffs and opens her mouth but I gotta finish," you two, right now why do you hate him, he's your son right? Well yeah that's obvious he's got features from you both so what's up?" I say and slam my hands on the table, oh yeah they gone see an angry black woman today if I don't get answers.