Chapter 30 (Check My Author's Note)

(A/N Okay so yeah I realized I actually included Ray and Schwoz in the book in Chapter 18, it was very brief but they were there. I just wanted to say that I'll include them more into the last chapters)

Henry 

Piper and I have stood outside waiting for a bit. I'm getting a little antsy because for some reason, I have a feeling that something is off. 

"Piper can you call Charlotte back?" I ask her and Piper groans.

"Henry, it hasn't even been 5 minutes yet. You know you guys live a bit far. If you'd prefer it, I can call her and tell her to wait for us then call up a taxi." Piper says and I shake my head.

"No, it's fine. You're right but still give me your phone." I say and Piper just groans loudly but still gives me her phone. I redial Charlotte's number and she picks up.

"Henry, boy why you calling me while I'm driving. If it wasn't for me being at a stop light right now, I wouldn't have answered." Charlotte fires off at me. I smile, pleased to know that she's alright.

"Just kind of antsy I guess, my mother is still in the house and she could be calling yours for all I know. I just really want to get out of here, Char." I mumble out, feeling slightly vulnerable. 

"Oh Henry, why don't you walk to down to the entrance of that neighborhood and I'll get you guys from there." Charlotte says softly.

"Okay, see you in a bit." I say.

"Henry, um I just wanted to say that we need to talk when you get home. I have something to tell you." She says and I feel her tone shift. I hope I didn't do something wrong. I hope she's not going to break things off with me before I get to make it all real.

"Okay." I say and hang up. I shouldn't have just hung up like that but I panicked. Piper looks at me questioningly.

"Come on, we're walking to the entrance and she'll pick us up from there." I say and Piper just follows me with her suitcase.

"Piper-"

"No I wanna carry my suitcase, I got this bro." She says cutting me off and I laugh.

"I was going to say thank you for not putting up a fight with me on this." I say after laughing and she blushes a little bit.

"Oh well just in case, now you know not to ask to carry my bags." Piper says trying to play it cool. I laugh at her again and this time she joins in. Soon we're by the entrance waiting for Charlotte.

"Henry, can I ask you something?" Piper says and I nod, looking out for my car.

"Why are our parents so fucked up? Were we not good enough for them to want to be better?" Piper asks and I lose focus for a second. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. That's a tough one. I open my eyes and turn to face her. There's no tears in her eyes and she doesn't look sad just curious. 

"Pipes, even I don't know that. I think in their twisted minds they thought they were being good parents. Although really they probably didn't know any better because we've heard stories of how awful their parents were." I answer and Piper just nods.

"I hope I never treat my kids this way."Piper says and I nod in agreement.

"Speaking of, do you think my babies missed me?" I ask and Piper snorts then punches me.

"Really Henry? I bet they're just dying to see you." Piper says and I smile then get back to looking out for my car. After about 9 minutes I see my car.

"Ready to finally reunite?" Piper asks me as the car pulls up. It stops right in front of us and the driver's door opens. I take a deep breath as Charlotte comes into view and then I forget to let it out. I've missed her so fucking much. She sees me and tears fill her eyes. She runs to hug me and I scoop her up into my arms. I bury my head into her neck, her curls and I remember how to breathe.