Epilogue

5 Years Later

Life has been good to us. I won't say we've got our happy endings. I've cut off ties completely with both of my parents and Charlotte has cut off ties with her mom and sister. Ron and Dory are happily married, Piper goes to our high school, Charlotte and I are enrolled in 2 different colleges but we've made it work and finally Liv and Derek got married last year. So much has happened yet it all feels like it's not much. 

We've done some growing up and we've still got a-ways to go. I walk into our new apartment which is sort of a halfway point between the colleges Charlotte and I go to. I'm majoring in Business Management and minoring in Photography while Charlotte is majoring in Math Education. Somewhere along the line she decided she wanted to be a high school math teacher and I'm actually just gearing up to take over Junk N Stuff for Ray.

The pups are no longer pups they are full grown dogs now and I still pick them up like they're little babies sometimes. Charlotte has a hard time with them sometimes considering when they jump up they're nearly the same height as her but she's really good at persuading them to get down which is pretty cool. Charlotte and I haven't really told anyone yet but we're kinda married. We went the nontraditional way and just got our licenses and well we were on our way. Piper's stupid boyfriend was our witness along with Piper but it all only happened during Spring break and let me just say, the honeymoon was wow. I honestly can't even believe we waited so long to do it but we never had time to with stress, my issues, working, school and well everything that's kept us both busy all the time. 

I've been married for 5 months and it's honestly the best feeling ever but we're supposed to be breaking it to everyone tonight over dinner. I finally snap out of my thoughts when the front door opens and I hear a sweet voice calling out ,

"Henry, you are such a horndog!" I just laugh and go to greet my ever so stunning wife at the door. She's got a huge smile on her face and I roll my eyes.

"I know you're not talking." I tease her back and she just slaps my arm. I kiss her and she pulls away to close the door and lock it. I smack her butt and she turns right back around.

"Henry Hart." She says in her warning tone. I smile at she just glares at me.

"Charlotte Hart, god I love saying that." I say and I watch her glare melt. She just sighs and walks away muttering what's she gonna do with me.

"So how was your doctor's visit?" I ask her as I follow her into the kitchen. She grabs a green apple and rinses it off then turns to me. 

"Pretty good, I'm really healthy. He tried to take my blood and I nearly cried." She says and then bites into her apple. I chuckle and she shrugs her shoulders.

"Did you punch him?" I ask her and she sighs.

"No but I really did try to. He knew damn well he didn't need blood. I have to go back in about a month anyways so he can just draw blood then although I'd prefer fucking never but you know whatever." Charlotte says and then starts mumbling the last bit. I smile but then my face twists into one of confusion.

"Wait, you have to go back in a month? For what?" I ask her and she looks at me like she's seen a ghost. 

"I said that?" She says and I just nod my head.

"Yeah you just did." I say and she bites into her apple then smacks her forehead.

"Fuck, I wanted to do it in a better way than this. I'm pregnant." She says shyly. Time completely stops. I'm going to be a dad. I can't even believe this. This kid is so going to have half of my heart. 

"Um Henry, are you okay?" I hear Charlotte ask which snaps me out of my thoughts. I look down to see her standing right in front of me with tears in her eyes.