Chapter 23

Henry 

Okay so I admit things could have gone just a bit better. Maybe it's just not meant to be with Char and I. We're not even together and we just had a major disagreement. 

I look down at the couch, my bed for the night. I lay my sheets down on it and try to make it more bed like. I'd passed Ron and Derek in the kitchen but they didn't say anything just gave me a knowing look. They can be so understanding sometimes and the best thing is they never choose sides. Ugh I need my charger and my phone. I run back upstairs and I silently creep into the room. Charlotte must be in the bathroom. I shrug and peek in the bathroom to find she's standing there with her eyes closed, holding her wrist out. That's when I see the razor and that's when I go crazy. I race into the room and snatch the razor out of Charlotte's hand without hurting her. I hold it in my fist and just stare at her in shock. She flinches and opens her eyes to see me. At first she's confused but then she realizes what's going on. Her mouth drops open and I watch as her eyes flicker from shock to fear. 

"I cannot believe you just saw that." She manages to say.

"What were you thinking?" I ask and she bites her lip. 

"I wasn't. I was feeling everything and I didn't want to. Someone told me a while ago that physical pain blocks out emotion." She whispers and I just frown.

"Yeah, I heard the same thing. Don't do it though, once you start it's going to take a while before you want to stop. I don't ever want you to get used to the idea of hurting yourself, that is not an emotion you deserve to feel." I say feeling myself growing angry. If we were to ever be together, my anger would cause Char to always feel hurt. I'd hate myself for that. 

"Hey, Hen uhm, you're bleeding." Charlotte says as she takes me fist, which  I didn't even realize was a fist. I look down to see blood is in fact dripping from my fist. I un-clench my palm to see it's the razor cutting into my skin. 

"Oh my gosh! Henry! How didn't you feel that?!" Charlotte says, she carefully picks up the razor and throws it in the sink. She turns on the hot water and places my hand under it. She then moves around frantically looking for something. She leaves the bathroom and I watch as the hot water rinses away the blood from my hand. After a few seconds it's all gone and just a cut, well not gone but the first rush of blood is done. I turn off the water and just hold my hand. Charlotte comes back in with gauze, gauze tape and alcohol. She takes my hand and puts everything but the alcohol down. She pours the alcohol on my cut and I admit it does burn but for some reason I'm not affected by it. 

"You white people just feel no pain huh" Charlotte mutters and I chuckle. She grabs a towel and tells me to pat the cut dry which I do.

"Shit, I forgot ointment." Charlotte says as she looks around. 

"Ha, this will do for now." She says as she grabs the Vaseline from by our toothbrushes and rubs some on my cut. then I watch as she grabs the gauze and wraps my hand then tapes it. After she's done I clench and un-clench my fist. It feels pretty natural so the gauze isn't in my way. I kiss her forehead, catching her off guard. She bites her cheek.

"You're welcome." She says as she rushes to put everything back. I exit the bathroom and sit on the bed. I wait for her to finish. She finally sits on the bed, next to me. 

"I'm sorry about earlier." We say and then stare at each other confused.

"Nah, don't apologize." I say and she huffs.

"And why not? You were right, I mean I need to get my shit together." She says while looking down at her feet. 

"We both do baby girl and it's something we can work on together. After tonight I'm positive we need to stick together." I say truthfully and she looks up at me. I smile and she does too. I hold my arm out for a hug and she fucking jumps on me, causing me to fall back.