Chapter 6

"Alright class, remember for your photography project to bring in pictures of something you find breath-taking, something that keeps you going. Your project is due next Thursday and no, you won't have to present it in front of the class." Ms. Wands declares. The bell rings and everyone rushes out the classroom. I get up and Bianca shoves passed me on her way out.

"Excuse you." I declare. She stops in her tracks and turns to face me.

"What? Move faster and you won't get shoved." She says in a nasty tone. She turns around and literally the door hits her in the face. I burst out with laughter, she humphs and walks out the room.

"I must say you handled that nicely, don't worry she'll be back in her regular class next week." Ms. Wands says with a smile and I send her a smile back.

"Come on, you know want to laugh." I say and of course she does.

"The way... it hit her.... that big ass forehead." Ms.Wands laughs out and I join in. Just then Jasper enters class.

"Chaaarrlooottee come on! Henry's waiting, we need to gooo." Jasper whines out exasperated and I wave bye to Ms.Wands as Jasper grabs my arm, pulling me out the class room. Once we're in the parking lot, I rip my arm out of Jasper's hold.

"Do that again and I'll slap you." I say with slight attitude.

"Sheesh, you don't have to be so snarky? Anyways, I'm glad you two are friends but like when did this happen? Why did he tell you all this about his ya know...SITUATION... if you guys just met Monday?" Jasper questions. Shit, I knew he'd get curious. So yeah no, we haven't told Jasper yet and soon we'll have to discuss how we'll tell him.

"Uhh we just really clicked in Theater class, we have to work on a project together." I say easily, damn that lie rolled right off my tongue. Jasper shrugs his shoulders and I slightly exhale. We both walk to the car and I jump in the backseat, no seat belt for me.

"Hey Hen." "Sup Char" Henry and I say simultaneously and Jasper looks at us, Henry then me, me then Henry, Henry then me, me then Henry.

"WHAAT. WAS. THAT? NICKNAAAMES?" Jasper yells out bewildered.

"Nothing." We say again. Jasper huffs loudly and we laugh. Henry turns his car on and we're off to our apartment. Of course everything is going great until Jasper opens his big mouth.

"So what are you two doing for your project?" Jasper asks and I internally groan at the awkward silence that followed. Henry looks at me in the rear-view mirror. I start to panic. I think it shows cause he mouths breathe and sends me a wink. My heart start to beat fast and I can feel perspiration building. Dammit, if we stay quiet too long he'll think something is wrong. What if he comes up with a ridiculous idea and spreads it? Would Jasper turn on me? Would he turn on Henry? He could, he might. Charlotte snap out of it, this is Jasper he wouldn't do that. 

"Actually we're writing a short story and hopefully that counts as something." Henry says coolly. 

"OOooo cool, by any chance will it be-" Jasper starts

"No Jasper no." I say in a motherly tone. He sighs and we finally stop in front an apartment complex, A FANCY ONE MIGHT I ADD. 

"Woaaah" Jasper says as he presses his hands against the window. Henry drives around the corner and into a parking lot. He parks the car and we get out. Henry opens the trunk and we take out everything, it's only a few bags. I have the two lightest ones while the guys have 3 heavier ones each. I close the trunk and Henry guides us into the building. We get inside and it looks very clean, wow I definitely didn't know Henry had this much money.

"Henryyyy, I thought you were um well ya know broke." Jasper whispers cautiously. I roll my eyes and step on the back of Jasper's shoe.

"I've been working for years remember and I kinda stole from my parent's." Henry admits and for some reason I find it funny so I giggle.