Chapter 27

"Henry!" A voice calls from the door. 

"Is that Piper?" I ask and Henry shrugs. 

"Maybe, I don't know. I'll go check." He says and I just roll my eyes.

"Duh, I wasn't going to. I'm eating." I mumble and Henry turns to glare at me. I keep stuffing my face and avoid eye contact. He finally goes to the door and I strain to listen but all I hear is mumbling and the door closing.

"Charlotte!" Piper calls and I smile as she runs into the kitchen and hugs me. I hug her with one arm. 

"Whoa, who would have thought that one day would change everything?" I ask aloud right as Henry walks into the kitchen and looks at Piper all snuggled up to me.

"I would be offended if she hadn't already hugged me at the door." Henry comments and I just stick my tongue at him. Piper pulls away and looks around for the puppies.

"They're in our room, Henry scared them." I say and Piper nods. Henry groans and goes to get them. 

"Daddy is so sorry babies, I didn't mean to yell at you like that. I'm so sorry." Henry says as he walks in with both puppies pressed against his chest. 

"Henry I think they're fine." Piper says.

"No Pipes, they're hurt. I've mentally scarred them and I just wanna love them to make up for it." Henry declares and goes to the living room. I hear him plop on the couch.

"No! Babies come back! Daddy really is sorry!" Henry yells with so much desperateness and sadness in his voice. I roll my eyes at him.

"Ugh! He's such a drama queen, how do you live with him?" Piper complains and I just smile.

"I can be the same way so I can deal with it." I say and Piper groans.

"not you too, I can't take it. I'm gonna die!" Piper exaggerates.

"Oh but we're the drama queens? Riight." I say smugly and Piper glares at me.

"Shut up." She says sharply and I just laugh. We both exit the kitchen and seat ourselves on opposite sides of Henry. 

"So what brought you here oh dear sister of mine?" Henry asks. Piper places her legs on his lap and leans into the arm of the couch.

"I needed a break from Mom and Dad. They were fighting. Dad's health is declining and Mom wants to use money for new clothes while he needs it to go see some doctor." Piper says and then huffs.

"I wish they would get a divorce or something." Piper says and then immediately gasps.

"Oh my gosh that was so insensitive, I'm so sorry Charlotte. I completely forgot." Piper says quickly and frantically. I just chuckle and shake my head.

"Nah you're fine. I'm happy my parents are divorced. My dad has found love all over again and this time he's gonna do things different. My mother on the other hand can be dead in a ditch somewhere for all I care." I say, easing Piper's worries.

"I hear that." Henry mutters and Piper agrees with an 'mhm'. I just laugh at them and they eventually join in. Just like that, knocking comes from the door and the pups go crazy.

"Cerberus, Hugin quiet!" Henry commands them and they quiet down. I just sigh, they don't listen to me like that. I knew I was too nice, I'm going to have to start scaring the fuck out of them now. 

"Who's getting the door?" Henry asks.

"Well it's not actually my house so it's none of my business who comes to your door." Piper says and takes her legs off Henry's lap.