Chapter 33

Henry 

We closed out the school year pretty good. Piper will be going to a different school next year since the kids at her current one kept harassing her. Surprisingly she'll be at Pizza Boy's school, they aren't dating yet and I don't want them to until Piper is 16 but I'm not cruel enough to actually enforce it. 

"Henry?" Piper's voice softly asks after knocking on my door. I sit up in bed. 

"Think of the devil," I mutter. 

"Come in." I call out. Piper comes in and closes the door behind her.

"Is Charlotte not back yet?" I ask her.

"No, she will be soon. Aren't you glad they moved the wedding?" Piper whispers.

"What's wrong Piper?" I ask her and she sighs. She sits on the edge of my bed and crosses her legs.

"Am I ugly?" She asks and I immediately shake my head.

"No, you're beautiful. Come on, you're my sister. Our parents may have failed in every other department but they do make some good looking kids." I say and Piper cracks a smile.

"I don't know, Jeremy hasn-"

"Pizza Boy you mean?" I interject and Piper groans. I know she wants to smile.

"Fine yes Pizza Boy, he hasn't asked me out." Piper finished off with a pout.

"Piper you're what, 12?" I ask her and she stick out her tongue.

"Soon to be 13." She says and I give her a blank look.

"Fine, maybe not so soon to be 13." She says and I roll my eyes.

"Give it time, from what I get he's what? 2 years older than you, maybe he just wants to wait til you're a good age so your big brother doesn't have to fuck him up for harassing his 12 year old sister." I say with a smile and this time she gives me the blank look. Then she smiles.

"Okay thanks Hen." Piper says and then she leaves. I just smile and lay back down. I love that she trusts me with stuff. Something feels off, I sit up and groan since my door is wide open. I throw my upper body against the bed and flop around in a fit of temporary anger.

"Piper! Close the door!" I yell out and seconds later the door closes.

"Crybaby!" She yells.

"Thanks!" I yell back. I just lay in bed and close my eyes. I have to start treatment tomorrow. I have no idea what it's going to be like or if it'll even help. I just groan again. Why can't I just sleep for 5 years? 

"What are you groaning about?" I hear my favorite voice speak. I immediately perk up and get out of bed. I squash Charlotte in a hug and slam my lips on hers. I pull away and carry her to bed. 

"Hen, you've gotta stop doing stuff like that." She breathes out once I sit down on the bed with her on my lap.

"Nope, never." I say and just smile.

"Don't you have work today?" She asks me and I just nod. 

"Get up and get ready then, is it possible I can get a job there?" She asks hopefully. I sigh.

"I'll ask Ray." I say and she smiles.

"Really?" She confirms and I nod.

"Yeah, I'll call immediately if he says something." I say and get up. I get out some clothes to wear to work.

"How come anytime before you get ready you glance at that watch in your drawer?" She asks me.

"Huh I never even noticed I did that. I'll tell you about it later. That watch stopped working a long time ago." I say to her and head into the bathroom. I close the door and start the shower.  I get inside after setting my stuff down on the toilet and undressing.