26

A/N I know what you thinking....
Why does she never update? Why are her chapters soo short?
I don't update because I'm doing GCSE'S and don't have time because of the shit tons of coursework, and my chapters are really short because, I get writers block like every minute.
But hallelujah! The lord has graced you with chapter 26!
I don't know when to finish the book, so comment your ideas for a sequel, improvements, or even if you have a funny joke!
ENJOY

Amelia's POV.

Wow Ray Sutton comes across as a real smart guy, I mean really... you're the hybrid? No he's the freakin' ice cream trucker driver!
I stand by and watch as Klaus' lips curl into a smirk, radiating pride.

-----------------

As another dart pierced through Ray Sutton's skin, my capability to drink increased.

After the fifth shot, I couldn't see Stefan, or his unlucky target. But I could still see the dick sitting across from me... in hd. His face was still full of pride, even after 3 drinks.
"Having fun, love?" His oddly warm voice, clearly effected by alcohol, said over my thoughts.
"What the hell do you think?" I say before I slam another one of those shots into my system, begrudgingly.

"I think you're trying to drink away your feelings for me."

The mans got a point.

"I think i don't need a psychopath to give me advice." My eyes divert away from his form and to the well built bartender, nodding towards my empty glass and winking.
"Whatever love. Just you wait." And then he got up and left.

Well that was cryptic.

-----------------

"So, what's your name?"

After 20 minutes of silence, the hot bartender finally plucked up the courage to say something, and I wasn't complaining.
"Amelia. You?" My hands were now on the table and safely away from the shot glass.
"Luke," (A/N; Luke Hemmings was on my mind when i wrote this) he answers shyly, confirming that I should probably make the next move.

"So.. uh.. how old are you Luke?" My words aren't entirely perfect, but I'm blaming that on the drinks.
"20, how old are you?"
Finally, someone close to my age, "19."
"What brings you here, of all the bars?" The tone of his voice is curious with a hint of humour.

"Business, shitty business." I don't think it would be appreciated if I spilled my guts out to this unexpecting stranger.
He laughs, "isn't that why we're all here. For example see that guy over there?-" Luke points to a middle aged man, staring at a golden ring... his eyes puffy, "-his names Christian. He comes here every night, orders a bottle of bourbon and gushes about his wife cheating with his boss. It's all just shitty business."

"What about you? Is this a shitty business?" I question further, this guy was interesting.

"I'm here every night, because my dad thinks that I'll amount to nothing, this is the best job I'll ever get offered apparently. My life's shitty." Damn that was deeper than expected.

"Maybe your dad's blind? These day's anyone can become recognised. You just have to have the right heart. I know my advice is shitty, but it's true." I laugh and then try to apply my advice to my life.

What if I went to Mystic Falls and did what I had to do, kill Klaus?
What if I got away from that godforsaken town before he could get to me?

Maybe I could have a nice apartment at a well known university for pretentious students. Some part of me knew that I couldn't have that now... not with Klaus on my tail.

"No, I appreciate the advice." His voice is genuinely grateful and for once in this story...

I didn't feel that shitty.

------------------

Luke and I spoke all night.

We spoke about our pets and our aspirations when we children all the way to our favourite bands and family members. He made me feel like he really was interested, and that wasn't the booze talking.

We were never interupted, and I never looked to the dart board to see if Ray had won or not... because at this point all I cared about was telling Luke that I had an obsession with strawberry ice cream.

"My shifts over."

My thoughts fade away and I look to the plastic clock on the wall, 12:30AM. Jesus, I've been here for like four hours.

I finally look over to the dart board, and shocked to find some blood (well that doesn't shock me,) and no Ray, no Stefan, not even my mate.

Weird.

Looks like I'm free, for a while.

"Are you looking for someone?" Luke notices my wild and troubled eyes, zoning in on the blood spots.
"I was but they've obviously just upped and left, which makes me feel shitty." I try to keep my voice jokey, but the truth is; I'm confused... Klaus is a dick, duh. But he's protective as hell, so why is he not killing Luke? I mean I don't want Luke dead... but I'm curious.

"You can crash at my place, I think we're past the stranger stage by now." He laughs sincerely.
"Yeah, I guess we are." My voice is cheery and slightly slurred, a blush forming on my cheeks. I wait for Luke to go around the back and collect his belongings, leaving me to go to the ladies room and sort out my hair and freshen my sweaty face.

----------------

We walked out the back door of the bar and into the muggy darkness of the small parking lot. Luke hand is on my waist, and he gently supports my slightly drunken weight as we walk towards a silver Jeep, which I'm assuming is his.

He grabs he passenger door and bows cheekily, "your carriage awaits madam."
My drunken ass laughs, hiccuping like a bouncy baby had too much milk. I put my seatbelt on and breathe in the leather interior that reeks of Luke's heavenly cologne. The door shuts as Luke turns the air conditioning on, heating the car and evaporating the remaining condensation on the windows.

Then it all went into slow motion, just like on fat cliché movie.

He leaned in, and I leant in too. He's nice and freakin' hot, and I'm totally not pissed.

Our lips touched, and suddenly I didn't feel drunk anymore.

The moment was short lived, when Luke literally was slung outside the car, and I was willing to bet on my damned future that Klaus was still around and hadn't left.

A/N
I feel like leaving it here will piss lot of people off but... I'm leaving it here!
It's not the longest chapter in the universe but there will be another chapter coming soon, I promise! I was thinking of ending the book soon, but then I realised what direction his chapter was going in and then thought, shit I'm not gonna finish for a while. So this book has got at least another 15 chapters left in it, and hopefully they might be more frequent!

Georgie xxx