02

EDITED 25/05/20

Chapter 2

Amelia's POV.

I took my notebook with me to the Grill, because I had a picture of Klaus in it and I thought it might prove effective in asking around whether or not this man's face was familiar. Fingers crossed Elena or Caroline knows him, they always seemed to know everyone in this damn town.

 I entered the grill and all eyes were on me, making me feel weary. Glancing at the table in the corner, I instantly notice my old friends. There seemed to be two new additions to the little group, they looked different, with traits of vampires; pale skin, still vibes, kinda creepy but in a hot way. 

 "Hey guys!" I exclaim.

"Oh my god.. is that you Amelia?" Bonnie asked. I was never a big fan of Bonnie, she just came across as a groupie to me, a follower.

"Yeah it is!" I say. They make room around the table so I am sitting down in between one of the vampires and Elena. "So mind telling me who these two chaps are?" I ask. Well I know what they are, but it would be nice for a name. "Well the one you're next to is Elena's boyfriend Stefan, and the other guy is Damon." Caroline said.
Caroline was always soo matter of fact, I mean she was a nice friend... but always seemed as if she was to good for us all.

I recognised the names instantly, they must be the special Salvatore brothers, that James would always talk about. They seemed to constantly be drawn back to Mystic Falls, and it looked like love was the reason this time around, to me. I opened up my notebook, to where my picture of Klaus was, seeing this as a perfect opportunity to ask around. I showed the photo to everyone,  "Have you seen this man around anywhere?" I heard several gasps and a few looks of disgust. 

"Why are you looking for Klaus?" Elena asked suddenly, she looked suspicious. She must have known something, I decided to take on a forward approach about vampires. "Have you ever heard of vampires guys?" I asked. They all looked shocked and tried to put on their best poker faces, but I had seen it all before. 

"That's stupid, why would you even think that?" Damon asked, with a  funny look on his face.

"I don't know, but since you're 146 years old maybe you can tell us all there is to know about vampires," I smirk. Damon looked shocked, Stefan looked angry and Elena looked guilty as hell. "I... I," Stefan was lost for words.

"So let me get this straight; Elena is the human doppleganger, Matt is the human, Bonnie is the witch, Caroline is a vampire, Damon and Stefan are the famous Salvatore brothers and that leaves Tyler the werewolf." I exclaimed, my tone disgusted when I utter Tyler 's name.
What can I say? I've done a ton of research before coming back here.

"How do you know all of this?" Damon asked.

"I'm the new vampire hunter in town, nice to meet you Damon Salvatore," I reply, with excitement in my voice. I knew there was no point hiding anything, I wanted this mission over with swiftly. "Yeah, but that doesn't explain why you're looking for Klaus," Tyler said, but it sounded like a question. I guess Tyler didn't get wiser with age.

"You see, my mission right now is to kill Klaus." They looked at me with doubting faces. 

Elena pipes up, "thats impossible you can't kill Klaus, he's the-", "Original blah blah fancy hybrid stuff. But what if I told you I had a weapon that could kill him?" I cut her off, Bonnie looked shocked and amazed. 

It was kind of a lie, I didn't have a special weapon, but I had my charms.

"Really, you can kill him?" She said incredulously.

"Sure just give me time," I answered, with a wild determination.

The doors to the grill opened and - damn I think this mission will be over much sooner than I thought.