1

"Nick!!!" Judy shouts in a whisper. Her voice echoed down the barely illuminated halls that shone a blue coating on the walls and ceilings. "Nick?!" She shouted again. Judy slowly tip toed down the hall, carefully examining the house for any clues. Her nose twitched. She hopped over to the couch in the living room, sliding under. She pulls herself out along with a bag of white powder. "Found the evidence." She clipped it to her belt. Judy's ear then jerked. She quickly sat up and eyed the dark room. Hastily, she ran to the staircase. "Nick?!" She shouted in a whisper once more. "Where did he go?" She sighs, climbing the stairs, still hidden. Reaching the top, a door was open. A light appeared to be on, so she began to walk towards it.

A shadow swiftly passed the door knocking her to the ground; she backed away, reaching for her repellent. Judy got up and leapt to the door peaking in. "Nick?! Are you in here? This isn't funny!" Tiptoeing, she peered around finding no trace of the sly fox. "This isn't funny Nick!!!"

An object shatters to the ground, scaring Judy as she pulled out her repellent, trying to spray the attacker. Her hand was shoved aside knocking the repellent out of her hand, and she was thrown into the wall, next to a closet. She opened her eyes, scattering them about. "Who's there?!" She demanded. "Answer me!"

The attacker launched at her as she jumped aside, evading their attack. Judy searched for her repellent but couldn't find it. "NICK!!!" She screamed.

The attacker jumped on her and pinned her to the ground. The subtle growl it made terrified her. But what was worse than that was that she couldn't see her attacker's face. It inched closer to her, to the point where she felt its breath trickling on her face. She closed her eyes and turned away, crying a little. The snarling then came to a complete stop.

"Oh, no no no don't cry!" He spoke shakily.

Judy opened her eyes. "N-Nick...?" With the heavy weight reciting off of her, Judy stood up quickly and backed away, rubbing her arms.

A light then shone, causing Judy to squint.

Nick was holding a flashlight in his hand, dumbfounded. "Are you okay?"

Befuddled, Judy turned away and wiped her eyes, then turned back to Nick with an upset expression.

"Aw, Judy don't be mad at me."

"We are in the middle of an important case, and you choose to scare me?!"

Nick looked away sheepishly. "It seemed like a perfect opportunity to..."

Aggravated, Judy looked around for her repellent, seeing that it was by the window. She picked it up, clipping it back to its pocket and marched out of the room.

"Judy! Don't be upset at me please!" Nick pleaded.

"This is the fifth time you've done this to me while we're on duty." Judy turned around before exiting the door. "You need to stop!"

Nick appeared in front of her startling her. "Then when can I actually scare you?" He grinned, inching his face closer to hers.

Feeling uncomfortable, Judy left the room, and ran to check the next one. She shut the door behind her and held her breast, panting. "What is he saying...?" She mumbled.

An object rolled to her feet. Judy pressed the button on her hat, triggering a light. She looked down to see an empty jar of nuts with no lid. Picking it up, she examines it. "I believe a squirrel lives here..." She settled it down, flipping the light switch on and turned off the one on her hat. Judy's mouth dropped. The room was in absolute chaos. The bed was shredded, clothes tossed about, items thrown around, everything was devastated. Trembling, Judy pulled out her walkie talkie and dialed for back up. "Something terrible happened in here..."

"Alright, we're on our way." Chief Bogo assured.

The lights suddenly went out, and a beast attacked Judy, scraping her knee. "OUCH!!!" She cried, getting up quickly and took her repellent, spraying whatever stood in front of her.

The culprit yelled in agony. A loud thump hit the floor and the door opened. Nick's flashlight in hand, he pointed around the room seeing Judy limping, and the culprit---a squirrel, rolling on the ground, pleading for mercy. "Get him Nick..." Judy groaned, holding her knee. Nick quickly went for Judy instead, scooping her up into his arms and fled the room to the entrance.

"What are you doing? We have to go back in there!" Judy hissed.

"Not while you're hurt."

Judy blushed, looking down.

Exiting the house, the police had already arrived. Chief Bogo pushed and shoved everyone until he reached the duo. His eyes lit with shock. "What happened?"

"She's been wounded by a squirrel in there." Nick informed.

"A squirrel?" Chief Bogo gasped. "Squad, move in quickly to contain this animal. He might have rabies and Officer Hopps could have possibly contracted it."

Judy's eyes widened hearing those words. "Chief, it's not like that, I didn't get bitten-" The chief and the squad of officers were already going inside.

Judy sighs, bowing her head. Nick felt terrible. He believed that if it wasn't for his scaring phase, perhaps Judy wouldn't be in this situation.

"You can put me down now." She spoke.

Nick stayed silent and began carrying Judy to their police car. He opens the door, and sits her in the right seat of the driver's wheel. "Stay here, I'll be back."

With the door shut, Judy rolled her eyes and folded her arms, pouting. It's nine at night, she's hungry, and wants to go home. And now she can't, because she's hurt, she's still traumatized, the attacker is still on the loose, and she may have but most likely not, contracted rabies. Just her luck.

Within ten minutes or so, the squad and chief comes out with their culprit in handcuffs. They march him into the backseat of a police car, securing the perimeters of the household.

Judy stood on her feet to look out the window. Chief Bogo noticed her and came over. "How are you feeling?"

Judy shrugged. "I'm fine I guess."

Bogo taps his chin and sighs. "We'll take you to our doctor to check you out. Hopefully you're as good as you say you are."

Judy groaned once more, slouching in her seat. The right door opens, as Nick hopped in with an aid kit. "Give me your knee." Judy ignored him still slouched in her seat.

Nick politely turned Judy to him and pulls her leg up. Nick then pulls out a swab and dabs it in alcohol, patting it onto her wound. Judy hissed, trying to resist the pain. He quickly took out a small band aide fit for her size and secures it onto her cut. Judy blushed once more.

"There, should be better now."

"Thanks..." Judy sighs in relief.

"No problem, cottontail."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Judy grinned facing him.

"Nothing out of the ordinary." Nick assured.

Chief Bogo then appeared at Nick's window. "We'll be heading back to quarters now. You'll take Judy to the doctor to get the wound checked out."

"Yes sir." Nick saluted Chief Bogo.

Departing from the crime scene, they took off.