BOOK 2- CHAPTER 2

"Oh...my...gosh!" Clawhauser's jaw dropped. "Is that...a wedding ring?!"

"An engagement ring," Laughing sheepishly, Judy showed the cheetah her paw. "See?"

Clapping cheerfully, Clawhauser jumps up and down. "Oh my god, I knew it! I freaking knew it!"

"K-Knew what?" Judy gaped.

"You and Nick were a thing! Laughing, Judy tilted her head in one direction. "Well, it's no longer a secret. We're getting married!"

"Who's getting married?" Nonchalantly, Nick enters the scene, stopping in front of Judy. "Oh? Let me see that." Taking her paw, the fox examines it carefully. "A lucky fox, indeed." He grins at her.

Judy blushed.

Before they realized, Clawhauser hurried around his desk and grabbed the couple off the ground, squeezing them in a tight hug. "Congratulations, you guys! I'm so truly proud of you! Making Zootopia a better place!"

"Okay," Nick wheezed. "Calm down, buddy. I wanna live to see my wedding, not die envisioning it!"

"Oh, right. Sorry!" Dropping the two, Judy and Nick gasped for air.

"So, when is the big day coming? Am I invited? Can I come?!"

"Of course, you can!" Nick cried. "There can't be a wedding without the best man there!"

"I'm going to be your best man?!"

"Okay, I didn't say all that..." Nick mumbled.

"Nick, we're going to be late if we don't hurry to the morning road call!" Judy calls out, already at the end of the lobby.

"I'll catch you later, Clawhauser." Nick clicks his tongue, hurrying off. "Stay safe!"

Biting into his donut, the cat chuckled. "They're much closer than they used to be. That's wonderful."

Rushing to the classroom, Judy and Nick sees Angel reaching for the doorknob.

"Angel!" Judy waves.

Startled, Angel turned to the direction of her voice. "Oh, h-hi Judy! Hello there, Nick."

"Hey there, Angel." Nick replies.

"We were almost late," Judy exhales a sigh of relief. "Glad we don't have to get chewed out now."

Entering the class, Chief Bogo was already at the platform, opening up his case folder.

"Lieutenant Judy Hopps—" Bogo looks down at her with his glasses pushed firm to the bridge of his nose.

Judy froze up. "Y-Yes sir!"

Nick and Angel stood behind her, frozen too.

"I believe you should be up here presenting these cases."

"O-Oh yes!" Reluctantly, Judy walked onto the platform, while the two foxes went to their respective seats.

Bogo gave Judy a high desk to stand on.

"Thank you." Clearing her throat, Judy did a quick skim of the folder, and began to present the content.

While Judy was presenting, Angel glanced over at Nick's paw from the desk over.

...they're engaged. Angel had noticed a shiny ring on the rabbit's finger when Judy had slouched over with her hands on her knees, taking a breather at the door. Seeing Nick's finger also occupied with a ring made the connection click really fast. Strange... She turned to face Judy again.