43

[What do you guys think? Should I make a fanfic with Judy and Nick being in high school?]

Judy strolled behind Nick slowly. She took large steps, daydreaming in her lofty thoughts.

It'd be a bad time to tell Nick about the kiss... Judy thought. Nick would just be even more pissed since he's already mad at Alec...

Upon reaching the curb of the sidewalk, the couple waited for their turns to cross. The light eventually flashed the walk signal and the duo was on their way. "Hey...Carrots?"

"Yes Nick?"

Nick scratched the back of his head and sighed. "I don't think I'm coming over tonight."

Judy's eyes widened, but she wasn't surprised by much. Nick was pretty distant ever since the visit.

"I understand..."

"I'll walk you to your building, and I'll be on my way..."

Judy nodded as though Nick had eyes on the back of his head.

Arriving at the entrance of Judy's building, Judy turned to Nick to give him a goodnight kiss. She closed her eyes and tiptoed to reach his lips.

Nick hesitated for a moment, rubbing his head and blushed, looking away. He then leaned forward, giving her a kiss on the forehead.

Feeling his lips on her forehead stunned Judy.

"Goodnight." Nick concluded waving goodbye.

"Nick!" Judy cried. She watched as he pushed his hands into his pockets, but a piece of paper flew out, and on to the ground. The wind blew it to her feet and she picked it up, unraveling it. "I'll just look at it when I get inside..."

Taking off her shoes and plopping down onto the couch, Judy opened the paper excitedly. "Well this was definitely hand written." Judy scrutinized the formatting.

She began to read.

Hi Nick,

I'm sorry about the way I was acting during our stay at Alec's place...I was out of line... I had no rights to snap at you. You were right, I don't know Alec like you do, I just met him...

"Aww..." Judy gasped at the emotions poured out into this letter.

...I've been a jerk to you, I've been hard on you...and it's unfair because you've been suffering a lot. I understand if you won't forgive me because of how you feel. I just hope that I can still be the cousin you always had.

With deep regards,

Carrie

Judy exhaled the stress she felt form reading this letter. "Poor Nick, I should have given him the letter when I had the chance... Let me call him to tell him I got it." As Judy reached for the house phone, the TV suddenly turned on startling the rabbit. "Ahhh!" She jumped back in her seat and gasped. Judy then held her bosom in relief.

"Silly me, I forgot I'd put the TV on a timer to turn on when my favorite show was on." Judy then became so distracted by her show that she totally forgot about her phone call.

Nick silently walked into his apartment and sat down at the kitchen table, putting his head down. "Let me finish reading the letter she gave me..." Nick reached into the depths of his pockets, only to have his eyes bulge at the realization of the paper not being there.

It was nowhere to be found.

"Damn! Where is it?!" Nick panicked, patting himself down all over. It wasn't in his shirt, not his pants, not on the ground, the living room, the kitchen floor, the bathroom­­—it was simply gone.

"Damn it...damn it!" Nick slammed the table. "What was she trying to tell me that she couldn't say in person...?"

A phone call came in.

Nick pulled out his phone, confused by why Judy was calling. He answered anyways. "Hello?"

"Hey Nick..."

"Did you need something?" He asked.

"No...it's just that I found something that may belong to you."

Nick's eyes widened. "Is it a paper?! Please tell me it's a paper!"

"It is."

"Yes!" Nick fist pumped. "I'll be over there in a few!"

"Okay, take you time..."

"Ciao!" Nick hanged up the call and ran for his jacket, putting it on and headed out.

Carrie sat outside the Angel's hospital room that was next to the door. She balled her fists, pressing them against her thighs to support her posture. Her ears twitched, signaling movements within the room. A slight tear trickled down her cheek, but she rubbed it away as soon as she heard Alec's voice drawing near.

Carrie didn't dare to look up at him.

"You can go home if you want..." Alec spoke in a certain tone of exhaustion.

Carrie shook her head slowly. "No...I rather stay here to watch her..." Carrie couldn't say Angel's name...the poor fox was brutally crushed because of Carrie's anger.'

Alec rubbed the back of his head and sighed. "Well, if you say so. I'm gonna go get something to drink...you want somethin'?" He offered.

Carrie blushed, but turned away. "No...it's fine."

Alec sighed. "What do you want?" He repeated.

Carrie fiddled her thumbs. "Can I get...Lemon Lime Soda please...?"

"Yeah, whatever..." Alec began his trot.

A fade smile crept on her lips. He's...kind of cool. She thought. "I don't know if I was really sure about judging Alec in my letter to Nick now..."

Judy opened the door to Nick and went inside.

"Thanks for telling me you found the letter. Carrie would be so pissed off if I lost it."

"Its fine I guess...the letter's on the kitchen table." Judy informed.

Watching Judy walk into the living room, Nick's head snapped to the table in the kitchen. He leapt for it and snatched it up, unraveling it and began to read it.

Skimming each sentence, he realized that it wasn't just a stupid knock off joke Carrie was pursuing. It was a love letter.

"What the hell...?" Nick blurted.

How could it have been a love letter? It's simple.

Nick flipped the page.

"Judy may have more than likely read this, but she didn't seem to look at the back..." Nick assumed.

Nick...I think I have feelings for Alec though...not the crush, I want to fall in love, crush, but the crush where I feel like...he's a good person. Or he can potentially be one... I don't know, maybe I'm just letting infatuation get the best of me... but I just wanted to let you know...

Goodbye.

Nick gagged at the sight. "Is Carrie kidding me?"

"What is it?" Judy peered from the doorway.

"Nothing dear; just something I need to discuss with Carrie later on." He assured.

Nick turned around, pinching the bridge of his nose and shook his head. "What the hell is up with this girl...?"