54

Seeing Alec down the hall, Judy stared with a glowered expression etched onto her face. Her mind, giving her know sense of direction or faith of being able to think clearly, she merely kept on walking, until she passed him.

"Oh, is that you Judy?" Alec questioned with a concerned tone.

Judy stopped for a brief second, and continued walking.

"Of course it is." Alec grinned, leaning to one side, with his arms folded.

Judy stood quiet, not giving a response.

"What's wrong, you're awfully quieter than usual." Alec reached out to touch Judy, but she smacked his hand away, not bothering to turn to look at him.

"Are you angry at me...?" Alec muttered.

Judy balled her fists. "What do you think...?" She muttered.

"Oh dear, what could I have possibly done?" Alec questioned a bit flabbergasted.

Gritting her teeth, Judy turned around to face Alec. "Why did you do what you did..."

"What I did? What did I do?"

Judy's eyes pierced into his soul, as he took that her aura produced a negative energy thus causing tension.

"Oh that?" Alec reluctantly laughed sheepishly. He rubbed the back of his head. "I'm sorry...I don't know what came over me that night...I uh..."

"Thanks to you...Nick and I aren't together and he..." Judy bit her lower lip, just trying to fathom the thought.

"He what Judy? He what?" Alec walked up to her, holding her shoulder.

"He was going to...purpose to me." She replied faintly.

"Oh...is that so...?" He mumbled.

Judy didn't respond.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ruin your relationship with Nick...my relationship is a failure too since I messed mine up with Angel..." Alec sighed.

Judy began to cry once more, but she forced herself to not make much whimpering sounds as the salty tears poured out drastically.

"There there, Judy...if you want, I can go talk to Nick for you to fix this..." Alec embraced Judy, holding her tightly.

Judy's eyes lit up. She stared wide eyed at the thought. "Y-You can...?"

"Mhm..."

Judy wiped her eyes. "B-But how can you talk to him in the state that he's in...?"

"I don't know, but I'll figure out a way."

Judy sniffled a fade smile stretching across her lips. She looked up at Alec. "Are you sure?"

"Of course." Alec smiled, hugging her once more. A smug grin then split across his sinister lips, as he shoved Judy off of him.

Judy fell onto the ground, befuddled and bewildered by the sudden demeanor of Alec.

"Help you? Hell, as if. What makes you think that I, a fox, would be willing to help a small, pathetic, and easy animal like you, Judy? You're just a prey, you're easily manipulated." Alec snickered, and guffawed, holding his gut. "The fact that I put on this petty little act to make you happy? Sorry flat foot, but it seems that you forgotten that I'm not one of you. It's pretty clear to me that you're too stupid for your own good. I was never trying to be your friend, or get close to Nick or you. I was merely doing every animal the favor, of breaking up such a disgusting pair." Alec grimaced, his eyes showing every ounce of hatred he had bottled up after all those months. "To think that a predator would consider falling in love with his dinner? Hah. The sheer thought makes me wish that it was you who got hit by the car during the hurricane than Angel."

Judy stood up, backing away from Alec. "You...you monster..."

"I guess it's in the genes. I am a fox after all, you stupid bunny." Alec sneered.

Judy covered her mouth in shock, and turned around, running off.

Zooming down the halls back to the lobby, there, Judy ran into Chief Bogo.

"Oh! There you are Judy! I've been looking for you to hand you and Officer Nick this case to check out and---"

"---I can't." Judy spat.

Chief Bogo's eyebrows rose in shock. "What do you mean? What's wrong?"

Judy trembled, her eyes revealing that something wasn't right with her anymore.

"I can't..."

Chief Bogo knelt down, trying to touch her shoulder. But Judy flinched, moving away. "I can't...I just can't..."

"What happened to you? You don't look very well."

Judy covered her mouth, shaking her head. Bowing her head into defeat, the emotions were overwhelming her. "I can just die..." She uttered. "I just wish...I can just die..." Judy began to lose her footing, almost to the point of toppling over, like an un-sturdy tower.

Chief Bogo's ears twitched at her statement. Turning to Benjamin, who stood a distance behind his station watching, he shouted. "Get Judy to the nurse's office, quick!"

"Y-Yes sir!" Benjamin quickly ran over, despite how chubby he was, picking up Judy and took off.

+~+~+~+~+~+

Waking up, Judy found herself in the nurse's office. Squinting, she placed her paw over her forehead to block the majority of the light flashing on her. Sitting up, she looked around, realizing that curtain was shrouding her presence.

She sat up, slowly getting out of bed, and stretched. "Hello...?" She yawned.

A familiar doctor turned around from her seat, and faced Judy. "Oh, you're finally awake. How do you feel?"

Scrutinizing her outfit, Judy's lips felt a familiar name overlapping her senses. "Doctor...Banaña...?"

Doctor Banaña chuckled. "I see you remember who I am."

"Well, after what you've done to me when I first came here, and that unique name you have, pretty hard to forget."

"Aww, I'm touched. Enough about me though. How are you feeling?"

"I...I don't know..." Judy admitted, lowering her head. "I don't remember much before waking up or passing out..."

"I see..." The doctor reached for her clipboard. "Well, from what I've been told, Benjamin said you were acting pretty weird since you came into work, and the Chief reported that you were muttering some pretty dark things."

"...was I...?" Judy asked distantly.

Doctor Banaña nodded her head, still reading her board. "Yes, it seems so. Are you depressed or, unnerved about anything in particular?"

Hearing those words refreshed Judy's brain on what was the cause of her outbreak.

Shaking her head, Judy began to tremble uncontrollably.

"Oh dear! What's wrong?!" Doctor Banaña stood right away, running to Judy. "Are you okay?! Can you hear me Judy?!"

Judy closed her eyes, shaking her head. "No...!" She cried.

"No...what?!"

"Alec..." Judy cried. "He...he lied to me about everything..." Judy began breathing heavily, to the point where she began to hyperventilate.

Doctor Banaña quickly took Judy back to the bed, receiving a gas mask. "You're hyperventilating Judy! I'm going to have to put you back to sleep to calm you down!"

"No! Don't---stop!!!" Judy pleaded, trying to stop her.

"Nurses, please help me!" The doctor begged.

A cougar and jaguar frantically came to the doctor's aid, holding down Judy.

"Please Judy, you need to calm down!"

Judy kept trying to fight back, and her breathing intensified. "No...please stop!!!"

Doctor Banaña let out an exasperated sigh of helplessness, hastily bringing the gas mask with Judy's face.

The substance almost immediately calmed Judy down, and she was fast asleep.