58

Hey readers! Sorry it's been like 2 weeks since I've updated consistently. I getting back on schedule again...but the only problem is when would I write the chapters during the day? I wrote this one at midnight, so I apologize for the half-assed fillers in advanced....RiP to me eyes they're heavier than my thoughts. Q~Q

"Can I ask you a question?" Judy mumbled.

Carrie glanced at Judy. "Sure, go ahead."

"Why did Alec ask you such a thing...?"

Carrie looked away, huddling her scarf close to her mouth once more. "Well..." Carrie sighed. "To be honest, I'm not really sure myself. But from what I know, he didn't have anyone else to talk to. During that time I had called him to see how he was doing...and that's where it all began. Alec seems to be distraught."

"Why is he distraught?" Judy growled. She balled her fists, stopping on the sidewalk of where they walked. Many pedestrians passed by, glancing at her.

"Isn't she that bunny cop?"

"Was she the one that was on the news the other day?"

Carrie gazed at the passersby.

Judy gritted her teeth. "Why is Alec distraught? If he really cared, then why would he do all of this to me?!" Judy cried.

Carrie rubbed her shoulder, rubbing her arm. "I don't know how else to put it, but...I believe Alec suffers from psychological problems...I think he's suffered in the past, and ended up carrying those traits with him as he got older. And being that he drives everyone away from him, it harbors more anger within him and he adds to the injury."

Judy wiped her eyes in haste. "Oh please...if someone suffered that badly in the past, why would they want to treat others the same way?"

"It's not that simple to say..." Carrie exhaled.

Judy ended up going back to Carrie's place. Sitting down at her table, she sat very awkward.

Carrie offered Judy some tea, but she declined. Sighing to herself, she sat down. "Judy, can you please tell me what happened that day?"

"That day?" She repeated.

"The incident that happened that day with Alec."

Judy gulped, biting her lower lip.

"Alec came into our office uninvited and started to tease me like he usually do...I didn't know what he was planning, but I got backed into the wall when I tried to fight back as he got near me..."

"...and?"

"He was like, 'ouch, that hurts'" Judy crunched her fingers. "Crunching his fingers, and then he just slammed me into the wall and kissed me..." Judy lowered her head in shame.

Carrie held her chin. "Yikes...how can that even be...?"

"What do you mean???" Judy asked defensively.

"Alec told me that you were asking for it because you didn't complain about him being in the room or getting close to you."

"W-What?!" Judy stood up on the chair. "T-That's a lie!" Judy balled her fists. "He basically molested me! He rubbed his face into my neck and kept belittling me sexually...it's too embarrassing to even say..."

Carrie blushed a little, but she cleared her throat. "Seriously? He didn't tell me all that."

"Yes! I tried to punch him but he barely even budged! And that's when it happened, he kissed me."

"How come you didn't tell Nick as soon as possible anyways?"

That caught Judy. Her lips parted, but they closed very subtly.

"I was afraid."

Carrie arched her eyebrow. "Afraid of what?"

"I felt with all my heart that Nick would blame me for encountering Alec..." Judy turned away and sat down.

"But why would he blame you? Don't you think that Nick would have listened to you?"

"Well, he didn't listen to me during the night we went out when I tried to explain what went wrong...so how would it even helped if I told him then?"

Carrie meditated, trying to choose her words carefully. "Nick has a tendency of being angry when someone hides something from him for a long time."

Judy's heart skipped a beat.

"I'm guessing that's what happened with you."

Judy nodded, saddened by Carrie's accurate terminology.

"He did seem as though that he wanted to come talk to you."

"Did he really?"

"Yes, because, when I gave him a call, I overheard him mumbling to himself during our conversation, something about wanting to help you. But then when I asked what happened between you two, he just cursed me out and hung up."

Judy began to cower. How can I ever even face Nick after what she's told me...? He cursed her out? "He'd do the same to me then..." Judy mumbled.

"Huh?"

"N-Nothing!" Judy panicked. "I think I should just leave this matter be."

"Huh?!" Carrie gawked at Judy. "But if you let this problem linger for too long, then the situation will get worst!"

"It's already been like three months, Carrie..." Judy informed.

Carrie remained silent.

"Besides, this will give Nick the time and space he needs to think things over. And also, you don't have to worry about this. We'll work it out somehow."

"How can you work it out if you aren't even talking to each other?" Carrie reminded.

Judy's lips pursed. "Don't worry about that, honestly. I'll be fine."

"Stop lying to me Judy." Carrie squinted at her.

"Lying about what?" Judy arched an eyebrow, suddenly looking at an ant crawling on the table. "Oh...and ant."

"Now you're just dodging the whole scenario." Carrie groaned, tapping her fingers on the table. "Judy, you cannot go on pretending everything is going to be fixed on its own!"

"Who said I am?" Judy hissed.

Carrie winced at her tone.

Standing up, Judy patted her attire. Sighing to herself, she held her arm and blushed. "I do want Nick to talk to me and forgive me...but I don't know what to do..."

Carrie blinked. "Let's go and visit him."

"Huh?" Judy's eyes lit. "W-Why?"

"Don't you want to explain what happened?!" Carrie got up excitedly, running to Judy. Grabbing her arm, Judy flew off the table and onto her feet, being dragged by the fox. "Come on!"

"W-When are we going?!"

"Today!"

"HUH?!" Judy squealed. "That's a bad idea!"

"No it's not! The sooner we go, the better it'd be to make Nick listen!"

"B-But Carrie! I---"

Carrie smashed the door open, jumping out. "Here we come Nick! Prepare to be ambushed!"