59

Nick sighed to himself, resting on his couch. With a bear in hand he took a swig, belching. He had his remote in hand, surfing through the channels. "Nothing's on..."

Nick groaned to himself, frustrated with himself. He felt that he was technically over the fact that Judy cheated on him. The more he thought about it though, the more pissed off he became.

Finishing his bottle, he snarled. "It just makes no damn sense." He tossed his bottle with force, knocking over a tall fake plant.

It's been almost a year since their breakup. The way he intended life to go did not turn out how it could have in the end. Nick was too blinded, too angry to overlook any possible errors of misunderstanding.

As the evening went on, a loud bang at the door caught his attention.

Choking on his spit, Nick quickly sat up. "Who is it?"

"It's me Nick!"

Nick rolled his eyes, standing up begrudgingly. "Coming..." He sighed.

Nick took up a nearby shirt and looked in the mirror, observing his fur chest. "Meh..."

He went to the door, scratching the back of his head with his shirt in hand. Looking through the peek hole, there he saw Carrie.

"Yeah, come in." Nick grumbled, unlocking the door. He turned around walking away.

"Thanks Nick." Carrie sighed in relief.

"Yeah, you're welcome---" Nick turned around, and abruptly stop, seeing the tiny rabbit walk in nervously. "Damn!" Nick hastily pulled on his shirt, watching her walk in.

Nick's eyes wandered to Carrie's with anger and confusion.

"We're going to settle this once and for all Nick." Carrie said sternly.

"Tch." Nick snickered, crossing his arms.

Carrie snagged Nick by his ears, dragging him to the couch and tossed him onto it.

"Carrie!" Judy cried, a bit panicky.

"Come here Judy." Carrie demanded.

Judy nodded, running over quickly.

"What the hell is going on?" Nick sneered.

Carrie pointed her index finger at him. "You shut your damn mouth and listen."

Nick winced at Carrie's tone, sitting back. He glanced at Judy who refused to look anywhere but at her lap.

"Judy?" Carrie began. "Explain to Nick what happened."

Judy sat quietly, blinking.

"Judy."

"Huh." Judy looked up at Carrie.

"Stop with your distant daydreaming. Talk to Nick."

Judy rubbed her shoulder. "Okay...but I don't want to talk about it in front of everyone..."

"And by everyone, she means you. Get out." Nick scoffed.

Carrie grumbled, taking her leave. "Yeah...I got it." Carrie went to the next room, shutting the door.

Judy and Nicked both looked in the same direction at the hallway then looked down at their laps.

"Nick."

"Judy."

"Go on." Nick said, folding his arms and crossing one leg over the other.

Judy sighed, biting her lower lip. "I'm sorry."