16

Contemplating the next couple of days that passed, Judy washed the dishes and quickly left to go water the plants in the garden. She noticed her father coming outside when she realized she was pouring too much water on the little organisms. "Ah...darn it!" She sighed. She groaned as she watched the water float on the surface. "Welp, at least you got a day's worth now."

"Judy!" Stu called. Judy's ears perked up as she snapped her head to him quickly.

"Yes, pa?" She shouted.

"We needa talk. And quick!" He insisted.

Judy was curious about this 'urgency'. She stepped into the house, wiping her feet off and followed the voices of her parents into the living room. Judy held her arm, feeling awkward from the sudden silence her parents made when they heard her coming.

"Come here, Judith." Bonnie patted the seat next to her.

Judy slowly walked over, sitting down, unsure of what to expect.

"Judith." Stu began.

A severe chill coursed through her body. She rarely heard her dad call her by her actual name. It surprised her tremendously.

"Y-Yes, dad?"

"We need to talk...about Nick."

Judy had a bad feeling that this conversation was not an uplifting one. She quickly stood up, dismissing the conversation.

"You sit down right this instant, Judith." Stu hissed.

Judy sighed, and sat back down, already expecting her morning to get worst.

"Now your mother and I have been talking about your boyfriend. And he seems to be a pretty decent guy."

"I know he is, dad. That's why I chose to be with him?" Judy informed.

Bonnie agreed. "Yes, but, we have taken some precautions in mind."

The bunny, who folded her arms, arched an eyebrow real high. "Precautions?"

"Who knows what this fox is up to! He could be here, just to take advantage of us, especially you!"

Judy gasped in shock. "Dad, you know that Nick isn't like that!"

"You wouldn't know that!"

"I do know, why else would I be working with him? He's my partner!"

"A-And you're partners too!" Stu bellowed. "You have got to be kidding me!"

"Dad, can you stop? Why are you talking about Nick like this? He hasn't even done anything wrong!"

"Not yet he hasn't. But he will soon enough."

"You just don't want me to be happy."

"No, I just don't want you to be hurt, Judith."

"Well congratulations dad, you have exceeded the impossible." Judy spat.

Stu ceased to silence. He sat back in his chair, leaving the daughter and wife hysterical.

"You are going to break up with that fox, and that's the end of it."

"But dad, I can't just---"

"THAT IS IT." Stu roared.

Judy winced at her father's anger, her eyes flooding with pain. She quickly got up, stomping away.

"And you will NOT leave this household, until you have set in matters straight."

Judy flew upstairs to her room, tearing her straw hat from her head. She collapsed onto the ground with her head buried in her arms on the bed. All these questions exploded in her mind.