2

Judy sat in the doctor's room, feeling terribly anxious. "What if I did contract rabies from that guy...?" She mumbled.

Nick couldn't help but notice how cute Judy was. Her tail constantly tapping the bed she sat on. Her ears were low and her nose twitched every now and then. It brought a smile to his face.

"You'll be fine, Judy."

Judy glanced at him and scoffed. "Of course you'd say that to make yourself feel better about yourself."

Nick glowered for a couple of seconds, but resumed his smile. "Well, when you put it that way..." Judy glared at him. "I'm just kidding Judy, relax."

"I can't relax!"

"Why not?"

"What do you mean 'why not'?! The chief thinks that I'm infected, my knee still hurts, and now..."

"Now what?"

"Now I'm...afraid of the..." Judy mumbled.

"Huh? Come on, I can't hear you." Nick said.

Judy sighed. "I said I'm afraid of the..."

A smirk grew on Nick's face. He walked over to her, resting his arm on the bed "You said what kid?"

"I'm afraid of the...dark." She admitted.

Nick felt some pity in his heart, and hugged her. "Don't be scared, the dark isn't as bad as it seems."

"Coming from someone who's used to it." Judy smirked.

"Hey, I was bullied as a youngster. Believe me; being in the dark alone isn't as bad as it sounds."

Judy chuckled. Nick looked into Judy's eyes. She looked into his. "Is something wrong?" She asked.

"N-No. Nothing at all." Nick said turning away. He rubbed the back of his head and sighed.

The doctor then came in with a clipboard in hand. It was a female monkey in a cute pick outfit and white doctor's coat.

"Goodnight, how's everyone doing?" She asked quirky.

"Good."

"Fine."

"I see that this is your first time in the infirmary?" She asked.

"Yeah, it is." Judy felt a bit embarrassed.

"Same here, also since I'm still new to the force." Nick added.

"That's cute." The doctor chuckled. "By the way, I'm Dr. Banaña Splitt. I'm the main doctor here that tends to the officers' needs." 

"That's good to know."

"So Doc, mind checking my knee just in case I should start planning my funeral?" Judy requested.

Dr. Splitt chuckled. "Wow, your friend here is really funny." 

Judy rolled her eyes."Yeah...she's a charmer." Nick agreed.

"Alright, I'll be quick." Dr. Splitt began to examine Judy's knee, ripping off the band aide. "Yikes!"

"What is it?!" Judy panicked.

"Nothing really. Did you get bitten or..."

"No! I got scratched!" Judy spoke defensively.

"Chill out Judy, you don't have rabies."

"Oh no..." Dr. Splitt grabbed a weird looking tool and poked the wound.