34

"Yoo-hoo! Nick!" Angel waved to Nick filled with excitement. Nick and Judy were some feet away as they entered the ZPD. Nick glanced at Angel, eyeing her up and down and shrouded his paws into his pockets. "Are you still going to help?!"

Nick rolled his eyes and sighed. "Give me a break."

Judy pointed her hand towards Angel, leaving an invitation for Nick to go ahead. "Go on Nick."

Nick scoffed, beginning his shuffle to the optimistic fox. "If anything goes wrong, it's going down in bed tonight, fluff butt."

"Challenge accepted. Don't cry when you find your fur missing though." Judy smirked.

Already regretting his choice, he began to grumble. "Okay...where is he?"

"He's waiting in room 4D. Oh, I just can't wait for you guys to bond!"

"Oh believe me, we're going to be the best of friends you had ever seen," Nick muttered his last words. "You'll almost gladly hate it."

"Uh, huh?" Angel tilted her head puzzled.

"Nothing." Nick waved off. "I'll catch you guys later then."

Judy looked at Angel, who still had a happy expression blooming over her features. She was glad that she and Angel were able to be good friends indeed, and now she is pushing Nick to likewise reach out more.

"So what are you going to be doing today?" Angel asked Judy as Judy approached her.

"Well, I have to file some reports. Missing products are rampant in Tundratown. We gotta get the experts on those files quickly."

"Ah, I see. Well, I guess I'll leave you to it then."

"What about you though?" Judy questioned.

"Oh, m-me?" Angel blushed. "Well, Chief Bogo gave me the task of training. So all I'm doing is learning to be fierce in my verdicts of arresting culprits and bad animals."

"Oh, okay." Judy waved goodbye, running off. "I hope you do good!"

"Thanks, you too!" Angel waved.

Nick tapped his fingers on the hard table, watching Alec. "So are you going to answer me or not?"

"What do you want to know?"

"Don't play dumb."

"It's hard to play at something you already are, sir." Alec mocked.

Nick stared with a deadpanned expression.

Alec sighed, waving his paw off. "Fine," Alec paused to yawn for a moment and continued. "When in a tight situation, you do whatever means is necessary to stop a criminal, such as calling in for back up, using your partner---"

"Ah, ah, ah!" Nick cut off Alec's speech. Not using your partner, it's called having your partner assist you."

"-having my partner assist me, or stopping the criminal myself."

"Good."

"Alright, is that the last of it?" Alec asked, scratching his neck.

"You still got more to learn for the rest of the week."

"Oh, joy!" Alec mockingly cries joyfully.

"So, how did you enjoy that hangout we did last Friday?" Nick spoke conversationally.

"Ah, it was nice. Can't say that I have the best chocolate ice cream, but it was still legit."

"I see." Nick muttered. "And what about our departure? I hope you had a nice stroll home with Angel."