BOOK 2- CHAPTER 3

"And... voila!" Taking his paws off of Judy's face, Nick presented a beautiful blanket picnic.

"Nick, this is for us?!" Judy gasped.

"Yes, darling, reserved for you and I." Bowing, Nick invited the rabbit to relax. "After you, milady."

Impressed, Judy walked around the blanket and secured the spot closest to the tree. Kneeling down she watched Nick take off his shoes, and sit in front of the basket. "Hungry?"

The sound of food sounded like music to the rabbit's ears. "Food? Heck yes!"

Nick hands Judy a PB&J sandwich. "I added a little honey to give it some oomph."

Taking a bite, Judy moaned. "It tastes really good, Nick!" Licking her lips, she watched Nick take a bite of his own sandwich.

"Thanks, I made sure to make these with love," Nick grinned. "I...hope you don't mind."

"Do I? Of course not!" Taking another bite, the rabbit breathed. "...you've outdone yourself, Nick Wilde."

"I'm glad you're impressed, madam. I don't know what I would have done, if my princess was unhappy with my effort of a meal."

Laying down towards Nick, Judy smiled. "Anything you do Nick, I love," She gives him a peck on the lips. "Remember that."

Laying down for a while, it eventually grew into evening. More couples were setting in at the park. This was the perfect time of day to see animals, paw in paw, hoof in hoof, going for peaceful strolls.

Judy sat up, observing some of the couples passing by. She was at peace seeing how every animal was in union. "So beautiful..."

"Did you want to go for a walk, Carrots?" Nick asked.

"Yeah...I'd actually love that," Turning to him, she grinned. "Maybe we can also see the ducks, too."

"You and your ducks, I swear." Nick chuckled.

Packing up their picnic, Nick held the basket in one arm. He took Judy's hand and started walking on the path towards the pond. It was getting a bit chilly, and Nick noticed Judy was shivering a bit. He knew she wasn't going to say a word.

I should have brought a sweater... The rabbit thought.

Seeing a sweater lowered to her, Judy glanced up at Nick. He had a sheepish look on his face. "Cold?"

Judy stuttered. "Nick, if you're cold, please put it on, I'll be fine—"

Before she was able to fully refuse his offer, Nick settled the basket down for a moment, and wrapped the sweater around Judy. He knew his clothes wouldn't be the perfect fit for her, so he tied the bottom sleeves of the sweater around her waist.

"There, now it looks like you have a new outfit on. Cute."

Judy giggled. "I bet it looks funny."

"No," Nick assures her as he picks up the basket. "It's cute, trust me."

Reaching the pond, sad to say, there were any ducks swimming around or hanging about. Judy was slumped about that.

"The little birdies went to bed early today?" Nick wondered.

"...I guess so."

"We can always come back another time to see them." He assures her.

"Yeah..." Judy sighed. "...well, I know they need their beauty sleep. Soon, we will too."

"...I like the sound of that." Nick wraps his arms around Judy from behind.

His closeness sent signals to the rabbit. She knew that usually when night time was nearing, Nick had...other ideas in mind.