36

Judy left Nick mistrustful about everything that happened today. Nick didn't bother saying his good byes to her after work, which she figured would happen. Judy decided it'd be best to go and cool off at the park---it was too bad it had to be the one where her last memories of Jacob lasted.

She hid in the woods, a couple twenty feet away from the park benches. Frustrated with the mistakes in life she made, she sobbed cupping her head between her knees. It was evident that Judy was shook with mix emotions. Everything collapsed on her fragile body in such compressed time; she barely had time to even comprehend the predicament she was in.

It wasn't before long that it began to rain, and of course, Judy didn't have any umbrellas with her. She quickly stood up, heading for shelter under a stable stationed by the pond. Judy began to sniffle a lot, to the point her cute little nose would drizzle, and she had to constantly smear the fluid onto her sleeves.

It began to pour, and the sky was becoming darkened by the minute. The wind blew so hard that even though Judy took shelter, the rain would still smack her in the face, making it hard to stay warm. Judy began to cough, and an overheating feeling overwhelmed her. She leaned back on the wall, gasping for air. But before she knew it, a fever came over her and her body just shut down.

Nick closed his umbrella entering the 4-Star restaurant that he took pleasure in. Walking to the stall, he sat down in front of her and cleared his throat.

"So you finally decide to give me a call huh?"

Nick sat quietly, not responding to the sarcastic statement.

"Look, if you need to talk, just start talking. There's no need for you to act like you can't talk to me anymore, Nicky." She grinned.

"How many times must I tell you to stop calling me that, Carrie?" Nick grumbled.

Carrie dropped a poker face at Nick and shrugged. "So what's the problem huh? Why is it that after a month or so, you decide to finally meet me face to face?"

"I had no one else to confide in, okay?" Nick sighed. "Something's going on and it's really starting bug the hell out of me."

"Oh? What's going on?" Carrie asked intrigued.

"It's Judy." Nick began. "She's been avoiding me all day, and she's been acting pretty awkward.

"Ah, I see."

"I-I don't know what to do anymore, I don't know what to say, what to think, or how to react---" Nick covered his eyes frustrated. "I'm so lost."

Carrie leaned forward and exhaled deeply. "Well, I can't tell you why Judy's acting like this, but...I suggest waiting until you get home to talk to her. I mean---she can't avoid you there, can she?"

"I'm not going to her apartment tonight."

"What?!" Carrie huffed astonished.

"I don't want to make her feel as though I'm trying to force her to speak."

"But you clearly see something's wrong with her, Nick. Are you seriously telling me that just because she avoided you today, means that she wants to avoid you forever?"

"Well at the rate it's heading at, yeah. I don't want to hurt Judy in any way, but...ugh..." Nick pinched the bridge of his nose. "If you saw what had happened earlier, you would more likely understand where I'm coming from..."

"Then explain." Carrie said.

Nick stared out the window, watching the rain continuously pour. "First, I need a beer."

"What? You are not going to be drinking just to get away from your misery Nick." Carrie hissed.

"I don't care, I want a beer. HEY! Waiter, I'd like a mug of beer, thank you."

Carrie's eyebrow twitched, annoyed by Nick's rotten behavior. Neither one spoke until the waiter came back. Nick guzzled half of the mug and belched with satisfaction.

"So do you care to explain now?" Carried rolled her eyes.

Nick nodded, shoving the mug aside to Carrie's disturbance. "I was looking for Judy because I was done tutoring some new guy at the ZPD...after I decided to go look for Judy. And I finally caught up with her in the halls, by no means did she give me a chance to talk to her. She was meaning to tell me something earlier, but for some reason she stopped herself. And she tugged her paw out of my grasp constantly, it was obvious that she was keeping something from me...and she didn't want to even at least let me know what was going on."

"You don't think she's cheating...do you?"

Nick's eyes widened. For some reason, hearing that question made him second guess. "No! Of course not! I don't think Judy is like that."

"So then don't worry. It's not easy to tell another person something personal, no matter how urgent it may seem to the other individual. You think that it's important because you feel like you're being kept out of a secret. But she may feel that she can't tell you because it'd be awkward or she just isn't ready to come out with it."

"I guess that can be it." Nick pouted, drinking the last half of the mug of beer.

"So then stop getting worked up over spilt milk. She'll feed you another bottle when the time comes."

"Mmm...another bottle aye?" Nick winked.

Carrie cringed. "You're so gross. This is why I hate seeing you drink."

Nick cackled. "Oh please, I'm not drunk, Carrie."

"Look at you, you're clearly drunk. I can't see you in the streets like this."

Nick's vision blurred, and apparently, he began to disregard Carrie. "Yeah, shut up."

"Drunk bastard..." Carrie jeered. Carrie snatched Nick up, leaving a tip for the waiter and dragged him out of the eatery.