61 The Finale of Hate and Treason

"N...Nick!" Judy gaped at the red fox.

"Judy...I..." Nick looked away.

Judy stared into Nick's eyes, remaining quiet.

"I...forgive you."

Judy sighed.

"But, It's not you who should have asked for forgiveness, it's me." Putting her down, Judy held Nick's shoulder.

"No Nick...don't...I should have been more honest with you. But I was being honest...when I said that I was afraid..."

"I wouldn't blame you..." Nick whispered. "I allowed my anger to get to me...if it wasn't for Carrie being there that day, I probably would have..."

Judy winced.

"...hurt you...badly."

"Oh, Nick..." Judy exhaled exasperatedly.

"But I am truly sorry, Judy. Can you please forgive me? I understand if you don't..."

"No Nick! We've been far apart from each other far enough! I don't want to be away from you anymore!"

"Judy..."

"Nick!"

Nick lifted Judy, hugging her tightly. Judy embraced Nick with all the strength that her little arms could muster.

"Well, well, well!" A sinister snicker bloomed into the eerie jungle.

Nick and Judy's body's hairs stood up. They knew who it was. Nick slowly put down Judy, as he readied his gun.

At the same time, Nick and Alec pulled out their guns, pointing it at each other's heads.

"So, I see that you actually came to join the fun!" A maniacal grin split across Alec's face.

"You..." Nick began. "You were really clever with your tactics."

"What can I say?" Ale shrugged. "I'm a sly fox. It's in the genes."

Judy glared intensely at Alec.

When Alec noticed, he looked at her, smiling, like a creepy pedophile. "What's wrong Judy? Did you not want to kill yourself?"

Nick's eyes widened. The memories of what he saw on the news came back. Shaking the thoughts out of his head, he tightened his grip to the trigger.

"I mean," Alec walked around back and forth. "You could have just finished yourself off."

Judy's ears drooped, as she turned away ashamed.

"I could have finished you off too, you could have just asked."

"SHUT UP!" Nick snapped. "Leave her alone! I won't let you torment Judy anymore!"

"OH, is that so?" Alec guffawed. "Let me count, a year and six months, battling alone in her depression. And you, Nick? HAH! Wasting away on your couch with no hope. A poor Judy was going to kill herself. And what did you do? You just sat back and relaxed.

"THAT WAS THE PAST." Nick pointed out with rage. "I was an idiot for being so dense."

"You still are." Alec shrugged. "I don't see what changed about you honestly."

Nick didn't take his gun off of Alec."

"Enough talk. I'm not here to amuse to your melancholy." Alec clicked his gun, pointing it at Nick. "I'm here to restore the balance of nature."

"Oh really?" Nick challenged.

"Of course."

"You wouldn't dare do what you're about to do."