21

Nick got home around 8:00 the last week. Judy wanted so much to be with Nick. So he planned a little something. That night, Nick had prepared a banquet just for her. He invited her to his place. It was the first time Judy would finally go and see what Nick's home was like.

Nick dressed in a black tux, straightening his bow. He took out a bottle of champagne, placing it on the newly furnished round table he received, and fixed two plates on each side. Two wine glasses stood by with plates with two pairs of forks and knives.

"You've done it now, Nick Wilde." Nick grinned to himself.

Nick had told Judy to come in comfortable attire, thus she took heed. Judy loved dressing comfortably. She decided to wear a red shirt with black jeggings. "This looks good." Judy posed at different angles to make sure her outfit was neat rand intact. After doing so, she took her purse and left.

Nick lifted the mood of his apartment with some slow jazz. He put his feet up on the foot stool in the living room, sipping his glass of champagne. "Ah..." He moaned. "This is the life."

It wasn't later that Judy finally arrived. Nick places the glass on the kitchen table and scurries pass the mirror, making sure he was sharp, and hurried to the door. Swinging it open, his smile grew. "Judy!"

Judy looked up at him. "Hey Nick." Nick took Judy's hand, and pulled her inside, locking the door. Judy was amazed by the appearance of his little apartment. The walls were a magnificent shade of light blue; the floor was smooth, polished wood, the ceiling was white with slightly yellow splashes---everything was just too orderly.

"Nick...!" Judy gasped.

Nick spun around to her. "Yes?"

"Your apartment...is so beautiful."

Nick blushed, rubbing the back of his head. "Thanks. I really pushed a lot of effort into this."

Judy finally fixed her eyes on Nick. She was flushed by his appearance. His perfectly groomed fur and his fitting tux made her feel out of place. All she wore was her casual play clothes, while this fox was walking around his territory like a rich man.

"Here, come. Have a seat." Nick pulled a chair out for her as she sat down. He scooted her in and likewise sat across from her. Nick then popped the bottle of wine open, pouring himself a glass. "Would you like some?"

Judy fidgeted a little. "Sure." Watching him pour ever so gently, Judy began to feel insecure. The jazz music, Nick's apartment, his attire, made her feel like she wasn't worthy of his attention. "Nick, I don't feel right doing this."

Nick looked up from the pouring and stopped. "Why?"

"I mean, look at me. I'm wearing this outfit, and you took the initiative to look good. I really took her dressing comfortable code to a whole new level." She sighed.

"No worries." Nick said. "I told you to come relaxed so be calm!"

Judy's lips tilted slightly and she nodded.

Judy thanked Nick for the drink and held the glass firm in between her middle finger and ring finger. She sipped it, as Nick watched amused. "Oh, and I prepared a meal for you too. Stay right here."

Nick went off to the kitchen. Judy giggled at the sounds of pots and pans clanking and falling around. "Did he really make me something?" Judy chuckled to herself.

More metal clashed to the ground, startling the rabbit.

"Dang it!" He growled.

"Hey, do you need any help...?" Judy called as she stood up.

"No! Stay where you're at! Don't come in here!"

Judy cocked her eyebrow but sat back down. "Please be careful Nick!"

"I am, Carrot, I am!"

A few minutes later, Nick came in with a silver platter covered by the lid. He lifted the lid, revealing a delicious aroma filled platter of vegetables, fruits, and cooked fish. Judy's mouth drooled with awe. "Wow...this has got to taste really good."

Nick smirked. "It does." He settled her plate down, and placed his on his side too.

He came into the living room once more and sat down. "Well, tell me how the food taste."

Judy quickly snipped a bite." Woah, it's delicious!" Judy became quirky. "I didn't know you could cook this of food!"

Nick took a bite from his plate. "Thanks. I learn from the best."

Judy exaggeratedly cleared her throat. "You mean from your mom?"

"Of course. My mother has taught me a lot of things."

"Good to know."

"Anyways, enough about me. How are you doing tonight?"

Puzzled by his question, Judy sat back in her chair. "I'm doing good...besides my clothes...heh."

"Forget your clothes." Nick deadpanned. "If you feel that bad about, why not just take them off?"

"AS IF!" Judy hollered.

"Then don't complain!" He cried.

Judy sighed. Nick rolled his eyes. "You look very beautiful Carrot, you know that right?"

Judy's eyes glinted at Nick's. Is this for real? Is this actually happening? Judy thought. I'm actually in Nick Wilde's apartment! And we're actually spending time together!

Judy hesitantly nodded. "Thank you."

"I mean it." Nick spoke more defined. "I wouldn't chase after another girl, Judy. You're the only one I love."

And with that, Judy's eyes lit with heartfelt emotions. "Nick..."

Nick stood up, walking over to Judy and took her up from her seat embracing her. "Oh Judy..." Nick began. "I don't know what I'd do without you being here beside me..."

Judy's eyes teared up, and she embraced Nick.

He carried her over to the couch and sat with her. "Judy?"

"Yes Nick?"

"I love you." Nick gave Judy a kiss on the forehead. "I'm going to work hard in providing for us, okay?"

Judy had mixed emotions of confusion and trust.

Provide for us? We aren't even married. Neither do we live together...but I still love and trust him with all my heart. She thought.

"I love you too, Nick. And I promise to stick with you to support your commitment." Judy couldn't help but give him a kiss on his lips, and nick gladly obliged with this offer.

When a knock at the door arrived, it left Nick and Judy's head turned in the direction. The looked at each other in confusion. "I'll get it."

Judy sat down on the couch, observing as Nick approached the door. Peering into the scope, he saw a familiar face. And by the looks of it, he was not pleased.

"Who is it?" Judy asked.

"Angel..." He sighed.

Judy became enraged. "What does she want?"

"I don't know, but I'm about to find out."