55

TRIGGER WARNING: I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL A TRIGGER WARNING IS, BUT I THINK IT'S SOMETHING THAT YOU WILL READ IN THIS CONTEXT, THAT YOU MAY NOT BE COMFORTABLE OR PREPARED FOR.

I'VE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE, SO MY HANDS ARE NOT READY FOR THIS. BUT I HOPE YOU ALL ARE.

I WARNED YOU.

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

Misery. That's all she could say.

Judy fell back into depression. Chief Bogo couldn't bear to see her in her disheartening state anymore, so he decided to lay her off of work temporarily, until she recovered. He did promise her that she would still receive some revenue of her paycheck; just enough to pay for her bills and feed herself and what not.

But what was there?

Nothing.

Nothing was there anymore.

Judy just sat in her room, her mind vacant. Empty. Loss.

Nothing.

Judy slowly got off her bed, from staring at her wall for over an hour now. Dragging her feet across the room, she pulled out a box of medicine, something that the doctor had prescription her to keep her mind stable.

Breaking a tablet off the card, she picked up a day old glass of water, opening the pill and popped it into her mouth. Guzzling it down, she exhaled, very dryly.

Opening the door, she carried her glass to the kitchen. She refilled her cup, leaving the glass on the counter, and walked away.

It seemed that she had already forgotten about it.

Walking into the living room, she sat there, staring at the television for so long. Too long.

Cupping her knees to her bosom, she held her legs, staring...and eyeing the screen.

The sound of the radiator made the room less quiet, and the screaming arguments of neighbors next door only added to the atmosphere.

Judy exhaled, the feelings of desperation and mere desolation captivating her.

Her lips dried, despite the fluids she drank. Her eyes were heavy, and her ears remained droopy, no matter how much she tried to raise them. Her body was numb. There was not much to describe as 'feeling' when it came to her body anymore.

Judy inhaled.

Judy reached for the remote, turning on the television.

She switched to the cooking channel. There, a lioness a teaching how to make a healthy dish. She was cutting vegetables, slicing and dicing them and tossing them into a pot.

"Knife..." Judy mumbled. "Knife..."

Judy stared intently at the screen, and grabbed the remote, turning up the volume.

"Put your knife to the celery's head like this, and cut away."

"Knife..." Judy uttered once more. "...knife...gun." Judy's eyes lit up with realization. She stood up; walking over to the kitchen table, noticing her gun was there.

"They never took it from me..." Judy picked it up, staring at it, suddenly fascinated by its existence. "I've...never even used it on another animal..."

Flipping the gun over she examined the very marks and subtle design put into its creation. She lowered it, and dragged herself to the mirror, which was by the entrance.

Turning to the mirror, she trembled, refusing to look herself in the eye. She forced her eyes to make contact with her reflection, and stared, disappointed at what she saw.

"I'm just... a dumb bunny." She mumbled.

A disfigured smile, struggled to meet her lips half way, as it immediately ceased, when she comprehended what she was doing.

Her eyes reddening, the gun suddenly felt heavy in her grip, and she slowly brought the gun point to her temple, her hand still shaking violently.

"I'm just...a dumb...bunny..." Judy repeated. "No one loves me...I have no one to love..."

Judy placed a finger on the trigger.

"I'm nothing...I'm pathetic...I'm useless...I'm....worthless." Judy chocked on her tears, covering her eyes.

The gun slipped out of her grip, hitting the ground, startling her. She stared at it for some time, still hearing the lioness talking in the background.

Judy picked up the gun once more, and stared at the mirror. "I have no reason to go on anymore...I've failed...as a rabbit...as a Hopps...as a cop...as a...girlfriend..." Judy bit her lower lip aggressively, tasting the satisfaction of little drops of blood.

Angered by her own thoughts, she rose the gun to her head, her hand beginning to shake violently once more.

"...I want to die."

She pulled the trigger.

A drip of blood trickled down her head.

It was done.