•14•

For every good reason there is to lie, there is a better reason to tell the truth. - Bo Bennett

Bricks...

I run my hands down my face, pissed. I don't know why I didn't just tell Zee the truth about the women I've been with. I mean it's not like we were together when I met them and had relations. I believe she's hurt because I lied to her and even though I am or was her boyfriend, I'm her best friend too. We tell each other everything.

I enter the penthouse suite, calling her name but she didn't respond. Jogging up the steps, I check both halls for her presence and still nothing. Thinking that I might of lost her for good, I hear Drake - U With Me? playing. 

As I get closer, the music becomes louder and muffles through the door. I twist the knob, opening the door to Zee throwing her clothes in the suitcase. I lean on the door frame, crossing my arms as she rapped every lyric heavy. 

"What are you doing?" I sigh. She glares at me, rolling her eyes as she changed her clothes.

"What does it look like?"

"You not leaving, I know that much." I tell with raised brows. Zee scoffs, pulling her shirt over her head. 

"Last time I checked, I didn't have a fucking father! And if I want to leave I have the right to." She snaps.

"Don't you think you're overreacting just a little b?" I question with my arms stretched.

"Fuck no!" I sigh deeply seeing I hurt her by something that was truly innocent. I mean I really do love Zee, and I should of been real from the start like I always have.

I tried to make myself perfect knowing damn well I'm not. I have insecurities, I got my heart broken before but I haven't been in a relationship because of it. But I'm not out here fucking bitches all crazy. Zee pushes pass me with her bag in hand. I grab her arm shaking my head.

"Come on can you at least let me explain." She snatches away from me, shaking her head as she continues to the door. I follow right behind her.

"Zee!" I call. She keeps walking.

"Zee-"

"Stop calling my fucking name!" She snaps. I run up to her, stopping her in her tracks. She crossed her arms, I study her face seeing the tears and the redness. I wipe her tears as she turns her face aways from me, scoldingly.

"You acting like-"

"Acting like what huh?" I sigh shaking my head, looking off in a distance.

"I mean I don't even care if you fucked bitches before me, we weren't together. But what I do care about is that you lied to me! I trusted you!"

"I didn't mean to lie to you Zee, but I didn't know how'd you react if I told you that!"

"I would of accepted it because you're my best friend, and you told me the truth! Like I told you the truth, but no you had to lie!" She exclaims pushing me back. I step to her towering over her.

"I understand that Zee but you don't have to leave." I look between her eyes simultaneously with sincerity, but it wasn't working. She's mad at me.

"Move." She says through gritted teeth. I sigh deeply, moving out her way. It's obvious I'll have to wait until she calms down to even try to talk to her. I watch her walk out the door and get in the back of the Rolls Royce.

She looks back at me, cutting her eye coldly as she closed the door. I watch the car drive off, kicking the dirt that lay beneath my feet. I don't think I lost her for good, but I know I can't lose her forever.