•49•

If you got somebody who will ride through thick & thin and hold it down for you, don't ever play them. You'll end up playing yourself. - Anonymous

A Week Later...

Atlanta, Georgia

Sidney Battle 

"Did you find it!" I question the repair man.

"Yea! The pipe burst, that's why you have a leak!" I shake my head, sighing in frustration. I have a water leak and the pipe just happened to be in my office. I came in this morning and my office was flooded, my merchandise is ruined and the new bundles had to be trashed. I had to close shop today. I never had this problem before.

"How much is this going cost me!" I question. The repair man steps down the ladder on the damp floor. He has a machine removing the flood.

"It's gone to costs you about a good nine hundred dollars, but I really suggest a new pipeline. Whoever sold you this place rigged you ma'am. Those pipes are about 100 years old and need replacing, or the flooding will happen again." He says, looking up at the whole in the ceiling.

I sigh in frustration, holding my head. This is a place of business that gets inspected every six months, and if my boutique isn't in good condition they'll shut me down. I can't have any more damages.

"Fine. Just replace the pipes, I'll pay the price. This boutique is very important to me." The guy nods, heading out to his truck and I enter my office. I travel over to the damp boxes, kicking them out into the salon area. 

I open the boxes, sighing in relief. The clothes aren't ruined thanks to the plastic their packed in. I know one time the factory shipped the clothing and it wasn't protected. Something had spilled on the box during shipment, and everything was ruined when it got here. I was so pissed. I called and complained to the factory, cursing them out. I'm glad to know they understood.

"Ms. Battle these came for you." My assistant Chanel coos, making her way towards me. I smile, bitting my lip as I take the flowers from her.

I laugh to myself, taking out the card with my name on it. I sit the flowers down on the front desk, grinning for days.  

Just thought I send some flowers to go with your chocolate. Get it? It's funny because you're the chocolate and you can't have chocolate without the flowers. Aw hell. I'm bad with romantic notes. Anyway, I miss you and can't wait to see you tonight. 

Your Secret Admirer,

K. D.❤️

P.S. And no it's not Kevin Durant. 
-___- 

I burst into laughter, putting the card back into the envelope. I swear when I'm down, Knight always knows how to make me laugh. It's the sweetest thing actually. That's what I love about him. No matter the situation, he always makes the best out of the situation. It's amazing. I wanted to call him, but I know he's at work so he can't answer the phone right now. It's 11:30 no so I don't have long.

"Do you need me to do anything Ms. Battle?" Chanel questions.

"Yea, I'm going to put the clothes and the conditioners in my car. But, I need you to go to Home Deport for me and get two boxes." 

"Ok, what sizes?" I look between the ruined boxes with pursed lips.

"A large and a medium." I confirm.