•51•

Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands. -Anne Frank

Three Days Later...

Bricks...

I make me a cup of coffee in the lobby, hearing soft whispers and giggles coming from across the hall. I furrow my eye brows, stirring the sugar in my cup. I gotta be to work in an hour, so I stayed at the hospital to help Zee with the babies last night.

My job only gave three days off which sucks because I want to be with my family for at least a month. Zee is on maternity leave for a month once she heals. Zee was suppose to be out the hospital some days back, but Imer had messed her all up. He ripped Zee like I ripped my moms. Shit was crazy. I lean on the door frame, smiling as Zee cradles Imani while rocking back and forth in the rocking chair.

"I'm new to this, but I promise to protect you and be the best mommy I can be. You're a blessing and I know you and your brother will help change me for the better. Even your daddy." She smiles, kissing Imani's cheek.

"You think you'll be ard while I'm at work?" I question, entering the room. She nods, standing to her feet.

"Mhmmm. Piper and Lisa are coming later on. So I won't be by myself until they both leave for work." I nod, looking at the time on my all gold Rollie Zee got me for my 24th birthday. I see it 8:30 in the morning and that I need to go. I work at a Travel Agency again in DC. Zee and I moved here so we wouldn't be that far from our family.

We got security and shit so we don't have to worry about a damn thing. But if I comes to protecting my wife and kids, I'm bussing a cap in somebody's ass. Zee says I need anger management, but I don't think I need it. My moms said it so I guess I should heed word. I have to fit that into my schedule somewhere though.

"Aight. I gotta go, I'll FaceTime you later. Gimmie kisses." I tell her. She giggles as I lean down, giving her a couple pecks. I pull back, and she takes a bite of my Boston creme doughnut, cheesing hella hard. I flare my nose shaking my head.

"You brush your teeth?" I question.

"Yea. You just kissed me fool, you never kiss me if my teeth aren't brushed." She chuckles.

"Nah cuz your breath be smelling like sh- ow!" I howl, rubbing my nipple. She just purple nurpled me.

"No cursing in front of the babies." She warns with the wave of her finger. I sigh heavily, rolling my eyes. Mean ass. I kiss Imani's temple, repeatedly.

"I love you little mamas. Be good for mommy." I tell her. She smiles, yawning afterwards. I kiss her nose, rubbing her soft hair making sure to watch her soft spot. I walk over to Imer's glass bassinet, kissing his forehead as he slept.

"I love you son, be good for mommy." I tell him. I get ready to walk out the door, but Zee tells to wait. I turn on my heel as she runs into me, causing me to stumble. I laugh, wrapping my arms around her. She looks up at me with with a pouted face.

"You didn't tell me you loved me." I laugh, kissing her lips.

"I did too." I pull back.

"No you didn't you just told me to give you kisses." She pouts. I think about it for a minute, chuckling.

"Damn, my fault. I love you." I tell her rubbing her booty. She giggles, wrapping her arms around my neck.

"I love you too." She kisses me one last time, walking off and I slap her ass.