•54•

"If walls could talk, oh the stories they'd tell."- Unknown

A Few Days Later...

Zee...

"Hey mommy's baby." I coo to Imani, taking her out her crib. I wipe her little tears, pouting as I see her nose running. I feel her forehead, feeling it's a little warm. I travel to the bathroom, taking the thermometer out the medicine cabinet.

"What's the matter?" Bricks questions, feeding Imer.

"I don't know but I'm about to find out." I sigh, putting the thermometer under her arm. Imani began to fuss and it was breaking my heart that she was crying like this.

"Little mamas. I wish you could talk so you could tell me what's wrong." I sniff, wiping her nose. The thermometer beeps and it reads a normal temperature. I already fed her, and changed her diaper, so what else could possible be wrong?

"Maybe she's hot." Bricks shrugs, following me to the nursery. I nod, taking off her onesie putting on one of her white shirts that snap at the bottom. She calms down, after shocking as I cradle her in my arm. Bricks burst into laughter as I shook my head.

"That's a shame, you don't like clothes just like your daddy or brother huh." She grabs my finger, closing her eyes as she smiles.

"We high blooded, not low blooded. Like you. Ain't that right Imer?" I shake my head, laying Imani back down in her crib. Bricks and I were cleaning up the nursery. It was clothes everywhere like they were the ones that made the mess when it was honestly him and I. We never really have time to clean up, so since we were both off today, we decided to do some cleaning around the house.

"Yo he over tearing this breast milk up." Bricks laughs.

"I know, they don't like formula. And I wasn't going to breast feed, but after your mom told me about it and the good that comes from it, I decided to. They barely get sick, they have low risk of getting diseases and their skin will be flawless." I chuckle, kissing Imer's forehead.

"Yep, just like they daddy." Bricks chuckles. I frown with a twisted lip.

"You take too much credit, for our kids. I feel like I just had them."

"Don't say it like that." He laughs after hearing Imer belch. I take him from Bricks, kissing his cheeks as I support his neck and back.

"I'm serious though Bricks. You take credit for everything, like damn calm your happy ass down." We both laugh as I lay Imer down in his crib, turning on the musical mobile for him. I laugh as he does the cheerio lips, playing with his hands and crossing his eyes. I grab his mittens, putting them on his hands so he wouldn't scratch his face. I need to trim his nails, but he's quiet, so I'll leave him alone.  He hates getting his little nails cut.

I exit the nursery, hearing the water run as I pass the bathroom in the hall. I enter the master bedroom, stretching out on the bed while resting my eyes. I feel the bed dip in and out, turning my attention to Bricks.

"You sleepy?" He questions. I nod, snuggling up against him as we wrap our arms around one another. Instantly Bricks went right to sleep, snoring. I giggle, shaking my head as I kissed his cheek, getting up. I know I'm not going to get any sleep now, it has to be completely quiet for me to fall to even close my eyes.

Just then I heard the bell ring, and a knock on the door. I peek out the window of Bricks and I room, seeing one of the guards are laid out in a pool of blood on the ground. I panic, waking up Bricks as the knocking and ringing of the bell consist.