•19•

I'm 23 years old. I might just be my mother's child, but in all reality, I'm everybody's child. Nobody raised me; I was raised in this society. -Tupac Shakur

The Morning of...

Adrese...

I travel down the steps, hearing Kendra telling the boys to get ready. I heard a horn honk, and I knew that was probably the school bus. They give their mom a kiss on the cheek, hugging me then leaving out the door with Kendra following right behind.

"Bye mama! I love you!" Carmelo says.

"I love you too baby, be good in school." I make my way to the back door, grabbing my keys off the counter. That's where I parked my car at last night so if them niggas came looking for me, they wouldn't see it. I unlock the door, getting in seeing Kendra walk out the back door.

"You leaving?" She questions. I nod hopping out the car while crossing my arms.

"That's what you wanted me to do right?" I raise my brows. She tilts her head, looking up at me with squinted eyes.

"I didn't mean to lash out at you last night. I'm tired of you running the streets Drese, the kids need you, I need you." She croaks, looking down. I lift her head looking into her green eyes, wiping her tears. I know she hates showing emotions, but I need her to pull it together.

"I mean Kendra this all I know. I didn't grow up in a home with two parents. My moms was a crackhead, and my pops was the nigga supplying her with it. I didn't grow up in a loving family like you Ken, the streets raised me." I mumble shaking my head. She nods, looking down at her fingers.

"You know I love you and the kids right?" She nods hugging me around my torso. I kiss the top of her head, sighing while playing in her hair.

"I just want our family back Drese. But I know that's never happening again and I hate it. The streets raised you, I get it. But don't you want a better life for Jayceon and Carmelo? I mean even though we're not together. I'm scared to get that call or knock on my door saying that you're dead." Kendra looks up at me with red eyes, and my feelings get caught up. Kendra and my kids are my everything and I need to stop fucking around, step up and do what's right. But in order to do that, I have to settle this shit with Omari first.

"I promise to do what's right, but I gotta go ok? I'll talk to you later." She sighs, shaking her head as I kiss her forehead.

"Be careful." She mumbles, walking off. I grab her wrist, pulling her towards me, crashing my lips into hers. She bites my bottom lip for entrance, I give it to her, grunting when she takes control. Knowing this shit might lead to something we'll both regret, I pull back shaking my head.

"What's wrong?" Kendra questions confused. I open the door to my car.

"Come on now man you know where it would lead. I shouldn't of kissed you. That's my fault." I tell her.

"Drese it's been 3 years since our divorce. To say I just miss you in an understatement, I want you no doubt about it but I understand. It'll just make things more complicated than it already is." She walks off as I get in sighing, cranking up. I do want my family back, but I know I'll have to show Kendra that I'm willing to try. First things first, I need to get this money.

°°₩°°

Zee...

"Bae!"

"Bae!!!!!!"

"Bricks!" I whine. I hear him smack his lips, and groan in annoyance. It only made me laugh and want to mess with him more.