•48•

Relationships are like Rome -- difficult to start out, incredible during the prosperity of the 'golden age', and unbearable during the fall. Then, a new kingdom will come along and the whole process will repeat itself until you come across a kingdom like Egypt... that thrives, and continues to flourish. This kingdom will become your best friend, your soul mate, and your love. - Helen Keller

A Couple Days Later...

Knight...

My driver pulls up to Sidney's place, parking right next at the curb. I hop out, making my way to the entrance. I knock on Sidney's door patiently waiting for her to answer. Since the hospital discharged me, I decided to take Sidney out for her 40th birthday. She had planned to have her dinner with friends, but immediately cancels when I offered to take her out. It tickles me to know she is willing to drop anyone for me. Sirod wouldn't do that shit.

"Hi, oh my gosh, you cut your hair and dyed your beard!" She pouts causing me to laugh.

"You don't like it?" I question.

"Honestly no. But you're still handsome and you clean up well." She chuckles, opening the door wider for me to enter. I smile, entering her condo looking around. It's a nice little spot for a classy woman such as her.

"These are for you." I tell her, handing her the bouquet of peach tulips. She told me they are her favorite flowers.

"Aww. Thank you, I'll put them in a vase." She gives me a hug, making her way to the kitchen and I follow. I lean against the counter, watching her cut the ends of the flowers. She fills up a vase with water, putting the flowers in it when done.

After that, she grabs her clutch, ready to go. I study her frame in the peach dress mesmerized.

"Ok. I'm ready." She giggles, looking up at me. I lean off the counter, making my way towards her. I take a box out my back pocket, she looks down at it confused.

"Happy Birthday." I tell her, smiling from ear to ear. I open the box as she gasps, holding her hand over her chest.

"Knight you really shouldn't have. The flowers were fine. It's beautiful." She whines into laughter. I swear her little outburst are the cutest.

"I can take it back if-" She raises a brow, pulling my arm from putting the box back in my pocket. I laugh as she does the same.

"I gotta watch what I say around you. I keep forgetting you take things real literal." She chuckles, turning around while pulling her hair up. I take the necklace out the box, putting it around her neck admiring it as it sits up pretty on her neck.

"Ooooo. My diamonds dancing." She does a little dance causing me to laugh.

"Come on crazy." I chuckle. We leave her condo and she tells me to wait and to take a picture for her. I take her phone and clutch, standing ways for her and she poses.

"That's right baby work the camera." I tell her making her laugh and I snap the picture. She asks to see so I show her and she posts it on Facebook with the a caption.

Blessed to see the big 4-0 today, but there are plenty other things to smile about. My photographer made me laugh, gotta love him.👀💋

I open the door for her, holding her hand for her to get in. I get in after, as it was a comfortable ride to the place. We arrive at the yacht, getting out to make our way towards it. I let Sidney walk up the steps up the first, pulling out her chair for her sit as we got to the table. I sit down next.