•39•

He wouldn't write a letter because he couldn't without beginning it 'Dear Sylvia' and ending it 'Yours sincerely' or 'truly' or 'affectionately.' He's that sort of precise imbecile. I tell you he's so formal he can't do without all the conventions there are and so truthful he can't use half of them. — Ford Madox Ford, Parade's End

A Couple Days Later...

Bricks...

As Zee slept, I held her close in deep thought. Since she's gotten back from New York, she's been under the weather. Mostly morning sickness and exhaustion. We haven't seen any blood in her vomit since that night but we're keeping a close eye out for it. Just in case.

"Baby, you need to get up its time to eat again." I tell her. She stirs in her sleep, turning over and buries her face in my neck sighing heavily.

"What time is it?" She questions. I look at my watch.

"4:15." Zee pops her head up with wide eyes causing me to laugh.

"Forreal?" She questions in shock.

"Yea you didn't get much sleep in NY did you?" She shakes her head no, sitting up while putting one of my shirts on. She's been sleeping on and off for the past two days. I'll wake her up to let her know it's time to eat. She ain't starving my baby.

"You weren't next to me those two nights." She pouts, looking back at me. I nod sitting up, pecking her lips.

"What you want to eat though?" She lays her head on her knee shrugging.

"I don't know. I'm not craving anything like I usually do."

"Come on so you can choose what you want." She nods and yawns, climbing off the bed making her way to the kitchen. I follow behind her, adjusting my drawstrings of my joggers. Zee browses the fridge, frowning at the selection.

"Whats wrong?" I question.

"I want something quick." She whines, reaching for the box off top the fridge. I laugh at her short ass trying to reach, she climbs on the counter grabbing the Froot Loops box. I stand in front of her, she leans on my shoulders as I pick her up by her waist helping her down.

"What is up with you and cereal?" I question, hugging her from behind moving her hair to the other side of her neck.

"Nobody really cooked around the house when I was growing up. So cereal was the best quick thing for me, and oodles and noodles. So when I don't feel like cooking, I eat either or." She explains.

"Well you with me now you don't have to eat junk for breakfast." I tell her, kissing her ear. She sighs and moans laying her head back on my chest.

"Well this is what I want Bricks." She sasses popping a couple of Froot Loops in her mouth. I shake my head sighing, watching her pour the milk in her bowl. If she didn't watch my moms cook, Zee would literally eat cereal and and Ramen Noodles all day everyday. I hate that.

"Since you standing behind me, can you rub my stomach like you always do." She whines. I nod doing as requested.

"You feel nauseous?"

"No, I just wanna be touched right now." She sighs, finishing her cereal making another bowl. I shake my head laughing, as the bell rings.

"Button that up." I tell her. She nods, heading to the room. I pull the curtains to the side seeing it's FedEx delivery. I didn't order anything, and if Zee did she would of told me to look out for it. I furrow my eyebrows, opening the door.