•38•

Assumptions are dangerous things to make, and like all dangerous things to make -- bombs, for instance, or strawberry shortcake -- if you make even the tiniest mistake you can find yourself in terrible trouble. Making assumptions simply means believing things are a certain way with little or no evidence that shows you are correct, and you can see at once how this can lead to terrible trouble. For instance, one morning you might wake up and make the assumption that your bed was in the same place that it always was, even though you would have no real evidence that this was so. But when you got out of your bed, you might discover that it had floated out to sea, and now you would be in terrible trouble all because of the incorrect assumption that you'd made. You can see that it is better not to make too many assumptions, particularly in the morning. - Lemony Snicket, The Austere Academy (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #5)

Zee...

While everybody else is sleeping, I'm making breakfast. The food we got Friday night is now gone, so I had to do a quick store run. I tried to wake up one if the twins, but they're hard sleepers so I just took the keys to the truck. I know they gone blow a gasket when they find out, but look I'm pregnant and hungry. By the time they get up I'd be starved. It's their greedy ass fault we don't have food in the fridge anyway.

I hear a room door open, seeing it's Piper as she travels to the bathroom. She got in around 5 this morning, stumbling drunk from God knows where. Because of the situation last night, I really couldn't rest. So much shit was just boggling my mind last night. I tossed and turned the whole night. 

"Smells good." Piper chuckles, sitting at the counter. I raise my brows and nod with tucked lips. I don't wanna come off incorrect, so I'm trying to get my thoughts together before I ruin something that I don't want to ruin. 

"Yep. So what's the plan?" I question, flipping the pancakes over. 

"Well it's 12:32 right now, we still have to wait for the twins, take showers get dressed and ready. So I guess about 4 maybe 5:30." I nod, checking on the turkey bacon that's ready to flip.

"Can I ask you something?" I question, turning toward her. She nods, opening the fridge grabbing a personal bottle of orange juice. I lean on the island that sits in the middle of the kitchen bar.

"Do you have feelings for Bricks?" I question. Piper furrows her eyebrows confused.

"No, why do you suspect that?" She questions, taking a few gulps of her drink.

"You seem to take up for him a lot, and I'm starting to think there's a reason behind it." I tell her, she nods putting the cap back on the juice sitting it down.

"I can see why you think that, because I do take up for him a lot, so Ima me honest. I have feelings for Bricks, but it's not in the way you're thinking. Bricks is a nice guy and deserves to be treated with the same respect. He loves you dearly, and you love him. As a friend I just want to see y'all happy. It's actually nice to see a young couple grow so fast and strong, and the love is there. I watched my parents divorce, I watched Ryan fall apart from the break up with Juice and I'm in a ten year relationship with a nigga that won't even commit. You and Bricks give me hope. So I guess you can say I'm y'all number one fan, because I'm rooting for y'all. You two are like pb&j and I wanna make sure I'm the bread that keeps y'all together." She shrugs.

I furrow my eyebrows in awe at her corny scenario with open arms. She laughs playfully rolling her eyes, hopping down to give me a hug.

"You've been sitting in those bleachers waving that #teamBriZee sign forever huh?" I chuckle. Piper laughs and nods while pulling back.