•46•

I wore black because I liked it. I still do, and wearing it still means something to me. It's still my symbol of rebellion -- against a stagnant status quo, against our hypocritical houses of God, against people whose minds are closed to others' ideas. – Johnny Cash

2 Days Later...

Sirod/Viola

Rio De Janeiro, 8:45am... 

I throw different clothes around in drawers, sighing is aggravation. I told Leroy to do one fucking job, and he couldn't even do that shit. All I wanted was Bricks dead. Why the fuck would he try to rape my daughter? That's what I'm confused about. Since the incident, the feds have been driving around Baltimore looking for me. But the girls and I had already left. 

I knew Leroy would snitch eventually, but it's all good. He's getting his revenge. I flop down on the bed, looking out at the balcony of Rio. Until things die down, I guess this will be the safest bet right now.

My phone rings causing me to jump and I see its an unknown number. Furrowing my brows, I ignore it sighing heavily as I shake my head. I then get a text, reading it and I knew exactly who it was from.

Unknown: You can run but you can't hide Viola.

°°°°

Meanwhile Back In Baltimore...

Zee...

Sitting front row of the church, I watch as people approach Tyrone's casket. Some showed silent sorrow, while others sniffled and cried. I came in Cornelius place since it wasn't safe for me to be at the hospital anymore. Cornelius said he couldn't come see his father like this. I was still clueless to what had happened. Connor, Lisa nor Cornelius told me how Tyrone died. All I know is that he's dead.

"We are gathered here today for the mourning of a loss, the loss of Tyrone Anthony Gomez." The priest says as I look down in my lap saddened. The only person on my mind right now is Bricks. He hasn't moved or showed sign of recovery yet and I miss him. It's like he's not even here anymore.

Feeling myself getting worked up, I remove myself from the pew making my way to the bathroom. I didn't want to cry because my make up would smear and show the hideous bruises underneath. The swelling had went down thank God, now it's just this bruises taking their time to disappear.

After calming myself down, I leave out the church, squinting my eyes from the beaming sun. It's a beautiful day, but on the inside its like a storm or hurricane hit. I sit down on the stone step, taking my phone out my purse to occupy my time. I began to pay Subway Surfer, hearing the hinges of the door squeak behind me.

The person sits beside me and I look over seeing Kyle. Hearing the officer on the game scream Hey, I put attention back towards the game. But I was too late. A train smacked right into me, causing me to lose the game. Kyle laughs shaking his head.

"My fault. Did I make you lose?" He smiles. I smile back, shaking my head no. I then knit my eye brows, jolting my head back.

"What are you doing in here?" I question.

"Well my pop is the funeral director, and he needed me here to drive the hearse. His paid driver had gotten sick some how. So I had to fill in for him." I nod in understanding, playing with my thumbs in my lap.

"Daddy I'm bored." A little girl whines. I look between the two confused.

"That's your daughter?" I question a little shocked.