•57•

You will face your greatest opposition when you are closest to your biggest miracle. - Shannon L. Alder

Two Months Later...

Zee...

After two months of silents, I decided to come face to face with my enemy. I talked to Bricks and my father and they told me whatever makes me comfortable, to do it. I didn't want anyone with me, or around me. I had some shit to get of my chest and some yelling just might come in to play. I don't even care if she's embarrassed.

The door buzzes and opens. Viola walks in with a tan jumpsuit and cuffs around her wrist. Her hair is in two braids, with grays just sticking out in the front of her head. Her eyes have bags and honestly she looks her age. The guards sit her down in front of me, and I put my hands in my lap under the table. I swear I was ready the slap the piss out of her, but I need to keep my cool.

"Hello Zee." She greets with a smile. I exhale heavily shaking my head as my leg shakes vigorously.

"It's Zemyna to you." I correct. The smile slowly deceases her face in defeat. I guess she thought she could lie longer then expected but no. Not any more.

"Why yo? Why me?" I question as I feel my chest growing tight. Viola looks down in her lap in shame, playing her thumbs is silence.

"You separated me from my family. My brothers and sisters who wanted to meet me since the day I was born yo. Zara told me they asked about me and you made up excuses. I'm sick or can't be around people that I don't know, yet you got me staying with stranger who wasn't even my fucking father." I snap through gritted teeth. Viola swallows with no type of feeling or emotion.

"You know before I got married. I was like you. Scared to love, afraid that I might get hurt or abused domestically. I mean I went through it as a child and usually victims of that trauma, go right back to that comfort when they get older. Because that's all they know and feel as though they deserve. But not me! I wasn't going to become something I'm not, because I deserve better! And if it wasn't for Tyrone, Lisa, the twins and Jefe for showing that to me. I'd be like you. Fucking miserable, setting up people, trying to make a happy life for myself knowing It won't happen! You wanted everybody to suffer like you did, but what did you suffer from Viola huh? One hit?" I question as tears blur my vision.

Viola just stares at me coldly, rolling her tongue around in her mouth. I let the tears fall, not for her, but for myself. Tears I held back for years at a time. I shake my head wiping my tears.

"I wish, I could get mad at the world for one got damn hit!"

"I got hit twice." She mumbles angrily. I clap my hands in sarcasm, as to say good for you. By now all the attention was on us.

"Twice! Fucking twice! At least you can count the shit on your fucking hand! I'm pass my fucking pinky toe yo! I lost got damn count!" I grit. She says nothing avoiding eye contact.

"You know I could really slap the fuck out chu for what you did to me. Leaving me in the hands of a man that wanted nothing to do but hurt me, while you went to be a snake in the grass in a warehouse. That man beat me till I bled one night, and you didn't do shit!" I exclaim standing to my feet. The guards come over towards me but I hold my hand up to them I'm fine and not to touch me. I stand up, smoothing out my dress. She looks at me with tears in her eyes as I scold her with hate and disgust.

"I can't understand how a mother can let a man hurt her child, and not think how wrong it is. I look at my babies everyday! Every fucking day, crying tears of joy and sadness! Like how could someone do what you let Dimitri do to me! And not feel not the least bit heartbroken that someone hurt your flesh and blood. Your baby, that you went through pain yourself to give birth to! 74 hours with Imani and Imer! 74, three got damn days! And you think Ima let something happen to them?!" I questions screw face, pointing to myself.