•40•

If you're brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello. — Paulo Coelho

The Next Day...

Zee...

I follow the guard to a room where I'm guessing Knight requested for us to meet. I guess he gets special treatment because it's not like how I see it in movies. You know when you sit in a room with a bunch of strangers, waiting to see your loved one. It's much more calmer than that. I take a seat at the table, sitting my phone down on it.

I know they search bags and with the shit I carry in it, they'd look at me the hell crazy trying bring that shit in here. But if you were me, you can't take chances. Bricks is be crazy, but I've messed with crazier. 

As I wait patiently for Knight's arrival, I look around the room that's only lit from the sun rays from the windows that surrounded the room. It's intense lighting, making the corners dark which only made me nervous. I hear a buzzing noise, standing up as if the judge is entering the courtroom. A muscle built, brown skin man enters the room with a tan jumpsuit and cuffs. 

He stands at the door waiting patiently for the guard to unlock the cuffs. Once done, the guard leaves and Knight rubs his wrists, grilling him while shaking his head. I look down at my fingers, hearing his foot steps. My hands just pouring with sweat.

I see his black and white converses, slowly picking my head up to view him. He smiles with open arms and I swallow nervously. He furrows his brows, making a face which made me laugh a little.

"You never hugged before?" He questions with smile, flashing his white 32's. I laugh and nod, walking toward him and wrapping my arms around his torso. His strong arms wrap around me and I lay my head on his chest. I felt secure with someone other than Bricks for the first time, and I never thought that would happen. 

"Now let me get a look at you." Knight says pulling back, while holding my forearms. He twirls me around making me laugh, and hold my chest with joy.

"Wait, you're making me dizzy." I giggle causing him to laugh.

"I'm sorry. I'm just happy to see you, come on have a seat." He chuckles. We sit at the table, as I turn my phone off so I wouldn't get interrupted. It's was strictly just time for me and a total stranger to catch up. He intertwines his fingers in folding position, sitting up to attention with a goofy grin. I cover my mouth in laughter, as he sits back chuckling.

"So tell me about yourself, other then your name is Zee." He chuckles.

"Ok. I'm 23, I'm married and pregnant with your grand kid. I'm currently unemployed but I'm working on a modeling career with my best friend Piper and that's about it really." I tell him. He nods.

"Are you in college?" He questions, raising a brow. I shake my head no, putting my hands in my lap while looking down.

"Hm. So what if the modeling thing doesn't work, what will you fall back on?" Knight questions. I stay quiet, shaking my head, giving him my full attention again.

"I never really thought of that." I told him honestly. 

"It's ok, but just make sure you build a future for you and your kids. I'm not saying be a brainiac Doctor, lawyer or nurse. There's plenty of other careers out here that you might like. I just want you to make something of yourself you know. I don't want you depending on a man for anything, husband or not. You get what I'm saying?" I nod and smile. He smiles back.