•31•

The guarantee of safety in a battering relationship can never be based upon a promise from the perpetrator, no matter how heartfelt. Rather, it must be based upon the self-protective capability of the victim. Until the victim has developed a detailed and realistic contingency plan and has demonstrated her ability to carry it out, she remains in danger of repeated abuse.- Judith Lewis Herman, Trauma and Recovery

Baltimore, Maryland...

Unknown... 

"Mama! Mama! Mama!" Zade calls. I huff in annoyance, leaving my office to see Zade running down the hall. That's when Tyrone and his sons turned the corner, my daughters Zara, Zaire and Zoey follow behind. They stop in front of me, and Tyrone smirks looking down upon me. He shakes his head laughing, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"Sirod Banks." He smirks. I tilt my head and smile.

"Tyrone Gomez." I chuckle, pointing to the office for him to enter. I called him because he's been looking for me and my girls since we killed Dimitri. I don't want him just blowing up my damn warehouse, without knowing who I was and why I'm here.

"Zara show them around, their father and I shouldn't be long." Zara nods, telling Cornelius and Connor to follow her. My other three girls, trail behind. I enter my office, closing the door and heading over to the bar.

"The old "dying to protect what's yours" trick huh?" Tyrone chuckles. I laugh and nod, handing him a glass of Jack Daniel's. He takes it from me, shaking his head into a scoff. I knew he was about to say some things that he felt was necessary.

"You hurt her Sirod. You hurt her bad." He informs. I sigh, holding my forearms making my way to the window. I know I hurt Zee, those three times I hit her I wasn't myself.

"Yea, I know I hurt her, but Zee needs my protection now. She always needed it. Because her abusive ass stepfather Dimitri did nothing but harm her. She was scared of him, and I was afraid of him. That's why I stayed with his ass so long. I had enough when Zee was bleeding almost to death that one day I came home. He got joy out of abusing the both of us, and seeing my child cry hurt me." I softly spoke as I looked out the window at the pouring rain. I just let the tears fall.

"I made sure to apologize to Zee before I "died". I needed to heal those wounds so when I did come back, she wouldn't feel hatred towards me again you know?" I turn and look at Tyrone as he sat on my desk, drinking his liquor. 

"Well when she sees you again, she's going to feel betrayed. I've known Zee longer than you, she doesn't forgive easy. I'm just letting you know that now."

"Well she forgave me." I tell him with attitude. He scoffs in laughter.

"Yea, because she thought you were dying Sirod. She believed that you were leaving her life for good and never returning. That's why she forgave you." He retorts, sitting the glass down. I furrow my eyebrows in defeat, watching him travel to the door. He was right, maybe I should stay out of Zee's life for good.

"Tyrone wait!"

"I won't tell her Sirod, you have to find the courage to do that yourself." He says as he exits my office. I sigh heavily, flopping down in my chair. I don't know how my daughter will react if I just show up. I guess I should tell Tyrone to set a dinner, and I'll come just myself. I can't let her meet her siblings yet, even though they've been dying to meet her. That'll be just too much to handle at once. Baby steps.

°°°°

Meanwhile in Bora Bora, Tahiti...