•23•

Never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion against injustice and lying and greed. If people all over the world...would do this, it would change the earth. - William Faulkner

Bricks...

I cut up the peppers for the pepper steak, waiting for Zee to finish up in the bathroom. She's been in their for a minute, and I know it doesn't take that long to wash up.

"Zee! Wait please let me explain at least!" I hear my pop call. I walk over near the hall that Zee storms down, furrowing my eyebrows. I stand in front of her, blocking both of them. I witness tears in Zee's eyes seeing the hurt which only made me believe my pop did something to her. I look between the both of them confused, suspiciously looking at my pop as he rubbed the back of his neck sighing.

Zee shoves me out the way, storming over to the door while swinging it open. I call her name as she takes her heels off, wallking down the path in front of the door. She was just good and I don't know everything just went sour. Connor and Cornelius pull up, Zee stops right in front the car heated.

"So y'all killed Xaiver?!" She exclaims in question as they get out. Connor and Cornelius hang their heads in shame. I just stand there, looking back at my father as he had the same expression on his face. What the fuck is going on?

"Tyrone, what is she talking about?" My mom questions trying to disregard the question at hand. I grab Zee's wrist but she shoves me back.

"Don't fucking touch me yo!" She sobs. I look at her confused.

"Yo what has gotten into you! We was just good and now you just gone switch up on some bullshit like w-" 

"I hate you! You ain't shit and you lied to me! AGAIN!" She exclaims screw face.  

"What the fuck are you talking about! I DID'T LIE TO YOU!" I step to her, towering over her 5'2" body as I stand 6'3". She shoves me back repeatedly screaming 'I hate you' with each forceful push until I lost my balance and fall. She sighs in sobs, taking off the necklace I bought her for her 14th birthday, throwing it at me.

My heart became heavy as I look at her in hurt, she shares the same emotion. I can't even stand because I'm still in shock as to why she's doing all this?

Zee wipes her tears digging in her bag, taking the key to the Bentley off her key chain throwing it me, aiming it right at my heart. I look down at it on the ground, similar to how my heart is feeling right now.

"Fuck you! Fuck all of y'all niggas!" Zee spat, looking at all us men individually while walking backwards. She turns on her heel, rolling her eyes while storming the concrete. I finally stand to my feet calling after her and she completely ignores me.

"Zee!"

"Zee!"

"Fuck!" I scorch, running my hands down my face.

"Maybe you should just let her cool off." My pop suggests. I snatch my head in his direction screw face.

"Let her cool off! Let her coo- if I'm correct it's y'all dumb ass faults that she probably just walked out my life for good!" I exclaim, feeling a vein about to pop. I run my hand over my head, sighing in frustration.

"Now Jefe don't talk to your father like that." My mom scorns. 

"Nah baby he's right. It is our fault." He sighs. I pick my head up, tilting my head screw face.