Thirty One ; Hangovers

Ashton woke up earlier than he had excepted. After having drank so much last night he wasn't expecting to wake up till right before they had to head to the venue for soundcheck. His head was throbbing, but it wasn't anything he hasn't experienced before. It was just a hangover and with lots of coffee, water, and a couple pain killers he'd make it through the rest of the day with ease.

Ashton wasn't too sure about Calum though. It was the first time the boy had ever had alcohol in his system and he was wasted the night before. Much more wasted than Ashton was or has been in awhile. Ashton vaguely remembered the events that took place the night before, it was filled with lots of dancing, Calum saying they were married several times, Calum and him kissing then coming back to the hotel and almost hooking up.

The last was still didn't quite add up. Neither of them showed signs of getting into each other's pants recently, unless Ashton was completely oblivious to Calum's attraction. Either way it was a blur, most of what Ashton remembered was taking off his own pants and then turning around to find Calum passed out on the bed and feeling vaguely disappointed, but soon after falling asleep in the extra bed in their shared hotel room.

Last night was a wild ride all in its own and Ashton could only hope things weren't awkward once Calum was awake. They were finally on good terms and sharing one drunken but mind blowing kiss wasn't going to ruin them.

Ashton made his way into the bathroom to freshen up. Basically brushing his teeth and hoping not to vomit the contents left in his stomach from last night. He found a nicely folded t-shirt on the bathroom counter, not thinking much of whom it belonged to. Ashton was more focused on getting out the beer stained shirt still clinging to his upper body. 

Ashton looked himself over one last time in the mirror before walking back out into the room just in time to see Calum waking up from his deep slumber. The room was filled with aloud exaggerated groan of pain, a few pleads for help, and a quick dash out of bed and past Ashton, to empty the content of his stomach into the toilet bowl.

"Help," Calum whined pitifully, Ashton walked back in and frowned at the sight. Calum was hunched over the toilet dry heaving and Ashton regretted convincing the boy to ever drink. Crouching down next to him Ashton rubbed soothing circles across Calum's back until they were both sure he was done and nothing else was coming out.

"You okay now?" Ashton asked sincerely, nothing but concern on his features.

"I wanna go back to bed." Calum mumbled, yawning and reaching to cling onto Ashton. Ashton froze underneath his touch, but let the young boy wrap his limbs around him while he carried him back to bed. Ashton went to rummage through the mini fridge, grabbing a water bottle and then swiping the bottle of ibuprofen off the counter to help with the pain.

"Here," Ashton handed them over. "Take these and make sure to drink lots of fluids so you don't get dehydrated."

Calum let out a strangled "Thanks." before gulping down the bottle of water and curling into himself.

"Why did you let me drink so much? I don't even remember one thing from last night. How did we even make it back in one piece?" Calum's voice was hoarse, barely above a whisper, but it didn't stop him from asking questions about the night that too much of a blur. It's never exciting to think about what you did the previous night and not remember one single thing.

Ashton sat down next to him on the bed, fumbling nervously with his fingers. "Wait–So you don't remember anything from last night??"

Calum shook his head no, eyes widening at the mere thought of embarrassing himself in a different country, "Oh god, what did I do? I didn't make out with a girl did I?"

Ashton's awkwardly chuckled, a faint blush creeping up onto his cheeks at the mention of kissing. He's already whipped for this boy and he can't begin explain why. "No... Nothing like that," Ashton sighed, running his finger through his messy bedhead. "You kept saying you had just gotten married and then you said you'd been married for eight months with someone in the military. It was honestly confusing."

Ashton figured locking away the thought of them kissing last night was the best option for both of them, determined to keep it hidden forever so nothing bad comes between their newfound friendship. Ashton doesn't come across them often. Calum's just one of a kind.

"Never let me drink alcohol again."

"No promises." Ashton smiled.

////

well well well, mr.hood doesn't seem to remember anything. (-;

let me know your thoughts

Thanks for reading!!! Until next chapter!