Forty ; Mile High

"We're going to the land of the free." Ashton shouted, bouncing on the balls of his feet as they continued their trek through the airport and into their designated waiting room.

They had finished up their last show in Europe and now it was time for their short break before starting off on the last part of their tour in good ol' America. The boys wanted to get back to see some friends and have some down time before it started up again, and since Calum and Casey lived in LA The Selected's manager thought it would be good for the boys to head home for the week and then join them again when everything starts back up.

Even though they had only been gone for about a month–three and half weeks to be exact–the time had gone by fast. It was as if Calum blinked and suddenly he has to go home and never get the chance to see the Ashton again. They've had so many memorable moments together from the start. Starting from the instant dislike to the uncanny love they've started to share for one another. Everything started moving fast and then too slow, but now as they wait around at the airport together Calum wishes he could freeze time right there.

"It sucks that we have to go home for a week and act like we haven't been living the rockstar dream." Casey sighed, leaning his head against Calum's shoulder. The blond boy had been staring dreamily at the new couple in front of him for the past ten minutes. Everything they did was so disgustingly adorable it made everyone around them want a relationship like that.

"You could always chill at our apartment and not tell anymore." Michael shrugged, pulling Luke closer to his side.

Casey grinned widely, nodding his head rapidly in response.

Ashton rolled his eyes at his friends offer, but knew it wasn't such a bad idea. They've really enjoyed the company this part of their tour.  Ashton slowly drifted his gaze to the raven haired boy cuddled up to his best friend as they wait for their plane. Calum looked absolutely adorable in his baggy sweats and beanie covering his bedhead from scrambling to finish packing this morning (no one truly has enough time to pack when they are rushing). Calum looked up and caught Ashton staring, he smiled at the singer before patting the seat next to him as an open invitation to sit. Ashton happily obliged.

"I don't have a roommate so if you want, uh, you could stay with me." Ashton offered to Calum. Knowing that Casey would much rather be roommates with Luke and Michael for the next week.

Calum smiled softly at Ashton. Everything has been semi-tense between them since Ashton admitted everything Calum was dying to hear, but it's as if they are both still walking on eggshells around one another. Afraid of what the next move is between them and what would come next if they chose to submerge themselves into those feelings.

"You sure you don't want a break from me?" Calum chuckled, nudging Ashton lightly in the side.

"I could never." Ashton grinned, reaching down to interlace his fingers through Calum's. Everyone else was lost in conversation, but they were lost in each another.

Calum gave Ashton hand a gentle squeeze as to say they'll talk about this later when it's just them, but for now they'd take what they can get.

"Hey Calum?" Casey asked, breaking Calum and Ashton out of their own little trance they've submerged themselves into in the crowded room of their team. Calum hummed in response, letting the blond boy know he was listening so he could continue. "Since you basically have a sugar daddy, now you can join the mile high club like you were talking about on our flight over here the first time."

Calum flushed a deep red, releasing his hold from Ashton's hand to bury his head in his hands to shield himself away from the embarrassment he was feeling. "Oh my god. You can't just say that type of stuff Casey!"

Ashton was laughing, leaning against Calum as he let out full belly laughs. "I guess I can get you off in the tiny airplane bathroom to fulfill your wishes, babyboy." Ashton whispered, trailing his fingers against the smooth skin of Calum's back.

Calum groaned in response, turning to hide his face in Ashton's shoulder. The feeling of his cheeks heating up even more at Ashton's words and the faint touch of his hands against the exposed skin of his lower back. Calum wasn't even sure how he'd manage to wait that long till their flight. Letting out a quiet whine and choked out "Please." Calum buried himself further into Ashton's hold, ignoring the knowing smirks of their friends around them.

////

I present to you a messy chapter. It's been like over a week since I've updated, but I've been busy. I still am, but I managed to write this real quick before going to sleep. If I have time tomorrow after I work I may update again, but that's only if I get a chance and don't fall asleep as soon as I get home lmao.

let me know your thoughts? ;-)

Thanks for reading! <3