Thirty Three ; Silence

"Ashton it's been like two days of silence from you. What happened to make you this way?" Michael asked, sitting down next to his best friend to try and get some kind of response from him. They finished up their show in Paris last night and this morning they all pilled up back into the bus to head to their next destination in Spain.

Ashton shrugged, leaning over to rest his head on Michael's shoulders. Ashton was confused and he didn't know how to go about with anything. Not since that night. It's like the world was against him and wanted him to remember everything so vividly that it hurt.

"Talk to me, please!" Michael pleaded, wrapping his free arm around the singer and pulling him close. Michael only wanted what was best for his best friend and he hated seeing him down and sad about something that he had no control over to help.

Before Ashton could say anything Calum appeared in his view with a the most adorable smile on his face. The Maori boy was all smiles and giggles. "Guess what!" Calum giggled, swaying back and forth in front of the two band members he's grown close to in the past few weeks.

"Did we forget Casey in Paris?" Michael asked, genuinely worried for the blond boy.

"I wish," Calum joked, "but no. This super adorable French guy asked me for my number last night at the concert and he's been texting me all night. Oh my god, he's so romantic. I already want to marry this guy and have his babies." Calum swooned, collapsing on the couch opposite of the one Michael and Ashton were sitting on.

Ashton let out a pitiful whine and buried his face further into Michael's shoulder in hopes that he could suffocate himself and never hear the guy he's suddenly infatuated with talk about someone else. It wasn't like Ashton asked Calum to kiss him, even though he didn't try hard enough to stop him. Ashton didn't ask for the foreign feelings to surface either. He didn't ask for any of this, but now he's left with it and Calum knows nothing of it. Which could be for the better. It could give Ashton some time to get over his tiny crush and go back to having one night stands and never having someone stable in his life. Yeah, that's exactly what Ashton wants.

Calum finally took notice of Ashton's state and sat up looking worriedly at him. "Are you okay buddy?"

"I'm going to go throw myself out of this moving bus." Ashton grumbled, untangling himself from Michael's hold and pushing his way to the front of the bus where their driver was. There was an extra seat next to him and he always offered that any of them could sit up their and chat with him whenever they wanted. Plus it's a little more scenic than the black walls in the back. So Ashton decided he was going to take that offer for once and sulk in the presence of someone who'll listen.

Ashton mostly messed around on his phone, but their driver would occasionally say some insightful things making Ashton smile. The situation at hand had left his mind until Calum came up to the front to see what Ashton was doing turning his mood back to what it was. It was a never ending cycle and Ashton wanted it to end already.