Forty Three ; Home

Calum wheeled his suitcase along behind him, his backpack fitting snug against his back as he followed closely behind Ashton as they walked into a nice apartment complex. It wasn't fancy and the lobby wasn't covered in gold table tops or anything like that. It felt homie with the mismatched couches and wooden coffee tables. It was everything Calum expected out the lead singer to live in.

They waited in silence in the elevator, not wanting to climb 14 flights of stairs to get to the apartment suite. Definitely not after a long flight. Calum would rather sleep down in the lobby than to make that trek.

Ashton kept glancing at the brown boy standing next to him, wanting to say something, anything, but the words that he had on the tip of his tongue kept vanishing into dust. All of this was so new to Ashton. Having someone care about his well being and not the fact that he was considered a celebrity. Even if that's what brought them closer together in the first place, Ashton can see that Calum looks past that and only sees the real him. And that terrifies him.

////

"Your place is so cute." Calum commented, looking around at the open space. There were guitars and vinyls lining one of the walls. Old rock concert posters scattered about. It was all very much Ashton and Calum loved that.

If you had told Calum a month ago that he'd be in Ashton Irwin's apartment, to stay with him for the short break the band was given, he would've thought you were insane.

Ashton is more than Ashton Irwin now and that made Calum nervous. They were friends now. Closer than most friends would be, but nevertheless friends.

"It's not cute. It's masculine." Ashton scoffed, kicking his shoes off and tossing his bag to the side. He hadn't been home for a few months and it felt good to collapse on his own couch and just lay there to rest.

"As if." Calum laughed, following suit after Ashton and throwing himself down on top of the honey haired boy.

"Oof," Ashton grunted, getting ready to push Calum off of him. "Your elbow is centimeters away from puncturing something."

"Oops." Calum laughed breathlessly, moving around to bury his face into Ashton neck. He was clinging to the singer beneath him fear that he'd be throw off the couch. What he didn't expect was for Ashton to pull him closer, wrapping his free arm around Calum's back and the other threading through the strands of his raven hair.

"Well, this is cozy..."

"Oh no, I know where this is going. Don't you dare make this awkward, Cal." Ashton mumbled, "You're like the master at doing that."

"Sorry," Calum blushed, hiding his face away from Ashton. "Casey yells at me at least four times a day for making a situation awkward within seconds."

"I'm sure his week with Michael and Luke will be... interesting. Plenty of stories to tell when we see them again. Especially since your best friend doesn't tend to ever have a filter around them." Ashton shook his head, smiling at the thought of Casey digging into his two best friends private life.

"Trust me, I've known him for so long. If all else fails he'll go buy an engagement ring for Michael to propose to Luke with."

"Michael has had one for at least three years..." Ashton shrugged, before freezing and staring at Calum with wide eyes. "Do not! Don't. I never said anything."

"Oh my god." Calum gasped.

Ashton sat up quickly, Calum being pulled up with him. "Don't." Ashton warned again.

Taking in a deep breathe, Calum zipped his lips shut. "I'll try my best for forget that monumental moment in my life."

Ashton rolled his eyes, "I'm sure you will."

////

Would you look at that! I'm alive! And I'm updating with an actual chapter after so long. I'm such a terrible person oops. But I survived my first two weeks of college and I'm having a blast. I haven't really made any friends yet, but I'm slowly getting along with my classmates since my classes only have about 20 people total. It's nice, but updates will still continue to be spotty. I just don't have any classes till next Wednesday so I figured I'd surprise y'all with this one.

ThOUGHTS? Let me know all of them

What do you think is in cashtons near future?(-;

I love you all! Thanks for reading.❤️