×Seventeen×

Song: Check Yes Juliet- We the Kings

"Seven billion people in the world, and you are overreacting because we killed one man. A ripper, to be specific." Theo stated, completely annoyed.

"But–"

"Seven. Billion. People. Now quit complaining and drink your smoothie." I rolled my eyes and sat back in the passenger's seat.

We had been on the road for two hours, and after a while, I got pretty thirsty. Theo pulled into a drive through, and it turns out the guy at the cash register was a ripper.

I didn't understand why Theo had to kill him, but in two seconds flat he snapped the guys neck, replaced him with another guy, and got me a banana smoothie, while I watched with my jaw on the floor. Turns out, a ripper is a vampire who kills multiple people all the time. Ripper's are basically the ruination of population.

To say my day was eventful would be an understatement.

After another hour on the road, we arrived at a small hotel. The Days Inn, to be exact. We quickly grabbed our bags out of the trunk and zoomed inside the hotel. After getting our key, we headed to our room.

Our room was on the top floor, and for some odd reason, there was only one bed. I knew Theo didn't like me as a friend or anything more, so it was obvious one of us was going to have to sleep on the small couch. I had a feeling it wasn't going to be him.

After getting a shower and changing into more comfy clothes, I walked back into our room, only to see Theo shooting me an unreadable look.

"Before you say anything about my weight, I suggest you don't. I'm not in the mood." I put away the clothes I had on before and sit on the couch. Theo continues to look at me, and I get fed up.

"What are you staring at?" I yell, and he shrugs, averting his attention to his phone.

"I was just going to say that color suits you."

I looked down. I had on a red shirt with black shorts. That was the first compliment I had ever gotten out of Theo. My heart actually swelled with warmth. Theo complimenting me? Hell, I would take that any day. I mean, he's a walking God. Extremely attractive guys like him don't usually compliment girls like me.

My eyes glanced at his phone. How come he could have a phone, but I couldn't? He literally threw mine in the pool, insisting it would "harm my safety".

I could still remember that day.

"The hell!? Did you seriously just throw my phone in the pool!?" I yelled, and he looked back at me with a smirk.

"Relax, baby. I'm protecting you. One day, you'll thank me."

"Is that before or after I strangle you to your death?" I had questioned, and he only responded with a chuckle.

Now that I think of that day, I actually come to love that memory. It wasn't funny then, but it is now, and his laugh was the most beautiful thing in this entire world.