×Forty-Nine×

Song: Games- Luke Bryan

"Pool day!" Tobias chanted as he zipped through the halls, down the staircases, and into literally every room capable in that house.

I was ready to murder him for disturbing my sleep.

He zipped into my room and ripped the blankets off of my bed. Now, if we recall, the last time someone did this, Theo saw my red lace underwear.

Luckily, I became smart and started wearing shorts to bed.

I shot daggers at Tobias with my eyes, and he cheekily grinned.

"Come on, Mel! It's a pool day! You have to get up!" He exclaimed, practically jumping from wall to wall, and I grabbed my pillow and slammed it against my face.

"Take your hyper ass somewhere else. Some of us actually enjoy sleep." I growled, and Tobias let out a chuckle. He removed the pillow from my face and smirked at me.

"Don't be so grumpy, Mel." He fake pouted at me, and I rolled my eyes. "Besides, Theo will be there, and God knows how much sexual tension there is lying between you two. You might just get your man back today."

For some reason I couldn't fathom, anger boiled in my veins, and I swiftly pulled out the knife I kept under my pillow and held it an inch away from Tobias' face.

"Say those words again and watch what happens to that face of yours, Tobias."

Tobias gulped, his eyes going wide. He slowly lowered my knife with his hand, and backed away as he said, "Take as long as you need, Mel. We will see you downstairs."

He zipped out of my room at the speed of lightning, and as soon as he was gone, I burst out laughing. Teasing Tobias was the highlight of my day.

Hazel was the next person to walk into my room. She glanced out my door before she sat beside me on the bed.

"My twenty year old brother just ran out of your room pale as a ghost. Should I be concerned?" She questions, and I laugh harder.

"He woke me up and pretty much said Theo and I were going to get down and dirty." I shrugged with a smile on my face as I said, "I pulled my knife on him."

"Nice work, Mel. That was highly entertaining."

"Why, thank you. I try."

Hazel and I giggled, and then she left to get ready for our "pool day". I sighed before I walked to my closet and found a nice bikini to wear. It was dark blue with white polka dots. I stared at my figure in the mirror, and suddenly I felt extremely insecure. This was the type of bathing suit Theo would make fun of me for. He would say I was the equivalent of a hippo, and even though I would say something sassy back, deep inside, I would be extremely hurt.

Because when you are so in love with a person, it was no lie when people say their opinions will always matter most to you.

I left the bikini on anyway, grabbed my towel and sunglasses, and walked down to the pool. Everyone was in the pool except for Harmony and the twins. The three of them were lying on the pool chairs tanning and listening to music.

I set my towel on a chair and walked to the pool steps. I slowly walked in, adjusting to the cool water. It honestly felt soothing, since my skin was so hot from nervousness. Theo and the guys were playing a game of tag, while the girls were leaning on the sides of the pool relaxing. I swam to where Hazel and Maggie were, and they smiled at me.

"Damn, Mel, you make that bathing suit look damn good." Maggie winked at me before her eyes glanced over at Theo. "My brother might just get some brains back once he sees you."