×Fifty-Five×

Song: Back to You- Alex and Sierra

When I regained consciousness, I noticed that my wrists were aching. My eyes slowly fluttered open, but everything was still pitch black. I tried to move around, but my legs were weak and my hands were tied together. By the way my body was refusing to comply, I realized that Harper had drugged me up with vervaine. I also noticed that my mouth was covered with something, but I couldn't figure out what it was. Whatever it was, it burned like hell, and I was in a lot of pain.

I sat in that same position for another thirty minutes before I heard the creaking of a door, and light flowed into wherever I was. I frantically looked around, and then I caught sight of the devil herself.

Harper smirked at me, and I glared at her the best I could. She let out a low snicker before she grabbed whatever was on my mouth and ripped off. I bit my lip in pain as the stickiness of the duck tape caused my lips to burn like alcohol going down your throat. I started to fidget, and she continued to snicker.

"How are you feeling? Is your body weak from all the vervaine I put in your system?" She asked, fake pouting at me, and I gathered just enough strength to spit on her. Harper's eyes turned bright red, and she shot daggers through me with her eyes.

"Rot in hell." I growled, and she glared at me as she pulled duct tape out of her pocket and ripped a piece off, placing it right over my mouth. I started to fidget again, and she slapped me as hard as she could. My cheek burned, and I felt my eyes well up with tears as I glared at her again.

"I suggest you shut the hell up and quit moving before I rip you apart limb by limb and make you watch as I burn each part of your body to ashes." She stood up and ripped me up with her, digging her nails into my arms. I flinched in pain, and cursed myself for being so weak, but I could only blame Harper and my intolerance to vervaine.

She drug me out of the closet I was in, and I realized I was in my own room. She quickly dragged me out of my room and across the walls where no one could see us, and then dragged me down the staircase, making sure to "accidentally" hit my head off the railings a couple of times, and she was about to drag me out the front door when we heard yelling coming from the hall downstairs.

She zipped to the hall and stood right outside of the living room door, holding me against her with her iron grip. She leaned against the door and listened closely, and I tried to listen as best as I could. Conveniently, the first voice my ears picked up on was Theo's.

"Where the hell is Melody!?" He screamed, his voice stressed and angered, and I heard Tobias let out a sigh. I could imagine Theo breathing heavily, waiting for someone to answer, and Tobias would be holding his head with his eyes closed.

"I don't know. I can't find her or Harmony anywhere." Tobias stated, and I swore I heard a growl come from Theo.

"You know why you can't find them?" Hazel interrupted, her voice rising. "Because Harmony is going to kill Melody."

"Harmony wouldn't kill her own sister. I know her." Theo replied, more than likely crossing his arms over his broad chest and glaring at Hazel, and she let out an irritated sigh.

Maggie suddenly let out a bitter laugh. "You don't know her at all. Her real name isn't Harmony, it's Harper. She's the most dangerous ripper in the world, and she killed Melody's real twin sister at birth. Harper is going to kill Melody if we don't stop her."

Everything became silent, until loud footsteps grew closer to the living room door. The door slammed opened, and I wanted to scream out so badly, but I knew if I did, Harper would kill not only me, but whoever came out that door.