×Forty-Two×

Song: Beating Heart- Ellie Goulding

After I was forced to stay with Theo the whole entire night, I finally managed to escape him around seven in the morning.

I didn't sleep one bit, but that only meant that I came up with a plan to get my job done.

And killing Theo was going to be a breeze.

I quickly got a shower and changed into something cute, yet sexy. I knew an outfit like this would distract Theo, and that was the first step to finding his weakness and killing him.

Whenever I exited the bathroom, the first thing I noticed was that Theo was no longer in the bed. I let out a groan before I left his bedroom and walked down the stairs. I was about to enter the living room until I heard low murmurs coming from inside. Curiosity struck, and I leaned my ear against the door so I could hear better.

"What are you trying to say, Hazel?" Theo asked, completely annoyed, and Hazel let out an irritated sigh.

"Think about it, Theo. Melody would never get disgusted by you. She would never push you away or act like she hated you. The girl is head over heels for you."

I rolled my eyes as Hazel spoke. She just wanted to get into Theo's mind. It's what she always does. I honestly find it ridiculous. Hazel could never really mind her own business.

They just don't understand us, Melody. They will find out very soon.

The voice spoke in the depths of my mind, and I silently agreed. The pack could never understand. I wasn't like them, and I never would be. I wanted to kill Theo, and that was fine by me and the voice.

"I still don't believe it. Melody was with me the whole night. She was obviously just sick." Theo argued, and Hazel let out a groan.

"I was outside when it happened, Theo. Someone dressed in all black sneaked up behind her and hit her with like a stick or something. They took her, and I tried my damn hardest to find her, but she was no where to be seen until she was placed back on the doorstep. Someone has control over her."

Hazel is lying. She has no idea what she is talking about.

The voice bit out, and I let out a sigh.

"What should we do about her?" I asked, and I could hear a low sigh in the back of my mind.

I will handle her. Hazel and I have some.. unfinished business.

"We need to figure out some way to get whoever it is out of her mind." Tobias states, and Theo let's out another sigh as he paces the floor.

"This is ridiculous. There is no one in Melody's mind controlling her!"

"You can say that all you want, but melody isn't acting like.. Melody. She's not acting normal."

"Fine. If you are so sure about this, I will spend the whole day with her and try to provoke whoever it is controlling her."

The three of them go silent, and then I hear footsteps moving closer to the door. I quickly flash back into my room, and about ten seconds later, Theo walks in. He grins at me before wrapping his arms around me, and I had the urge to stab him right then and there.