×Eighteen×

Song: Company- Justin Bieber

Confidence had never been a problem in my life. I was always confident. Being a starter on the varsity soccer team only helped that, even with my curvy body. I didn't care if my body wasn't perfect; I loved the way I looked and I wasn't afraid to rock it.

Until Theo came around, and all of my confidence was crushed to the ground.

My biggest problem was the way I looked. Whenever I was around Theo, I always felt like I would never be good enough. The constant thought on my mind is that Theo would never love a girl as curvy and different like me. I knew Theo's type– tall, skinny, and beautiful, and I was none of the three. Back in high school, I was the catch to the boys.

Theo? He is the complete opposite of them. To him, I am like a pesky bug upon your shoulder. I always felt nervous around him too. I felt as if I did one thing wrong or stupid around him, the whole world would come collapsing down and I would have to try to hold all the weight, and then I would realize the stupid thing I did and decide to let it crush me anyway.

Every time I see him, or his rock hard eight pack, his perfect white smile, and his big brown eyes, anxiety boils in my stomach, and I know I'm going to trip and fall. He was like the crowd to a person with stage fright, and I knew I would be running if I got any more nervous around him.

So instead of confident Melody Castillo who was captain of the soccer team, I was now insecure Melody Castillo, who was a rare mind deceiving vampire.

Go team!

We had to move to another hotel. Hazel called and said someone from Maggie's pack had been following us after my attack, and we needed to go to a reserved place. So, we packed up, and headed to a small hotel in a suburban town. Theo put an invisibility cloak over his car, and we were put in a room on the third floor of the hotel.

I was dead set on doing nothing all day, considering I had almost been chocked to death and people were out to kill me. I couldn't understand why I was the target. Sure, I was the rarest vampire that could possibly be, but did I look like the type to kill someone? I mean, come on. I'm the face of an angel.

Theo and I carried our luggage up to our room before plopping down on the couch and bed. Things were silent, until Theo stood up and stretched, his shirt rising up the slightest.

"I'm going to get a shower," He states, glancing back at me with a smirk, "Wanna join?" I snorted.

As if. Only in your dreams, pretty boy.

He grabs some clothes before winking at me and walking into the bathroom. After I hear the water turn on, I grab the remote and turn on The Powerpuff Girls. Call me a kid at heart, but that show was a classic.

I slid off my jacket that hung over my teal tank top and threw it on the chair across from the couch. I flipped off my sandals and relaxed in the couch, waiting for Theo to get done. Guess my shower was going to be cold since he was using up all of the hot water.

After ten long minutes, the water finally shut off. I had my clothes ready since I planned on getting a shower, but as soon as he walked out of the bathroom in nothing but a pair of black sweatpants that hung dangerously low on his delicious v-line, my thoughts went to jumbo.

His hair was also wet, making him look way hotter than any normal guy. It clung to his neck like a trauma patient on life support, but somehow he still managed to have it messily styled.