×Fifty×

Song: Somebody That I Used To Know- Gotye

After the news that Theo and I would be spending a whole 24 hours together, and spending the night in the same hotel room, things weren't exactly what I would call peachy.

In fact, every time I saw Theo, he would shoot me a deadly glare, as if saying he planned on killing me in my sleep.

And a part of me wish he would.

Okay, so that sounded really emo and depressing, but a tiny, miniscule part of me agreed. It absolutely sucked living in the same house with your ex boy friend, who you still loved, but he just happened to find more interest in your twin sister. It is not exactly a situation that would make you want to frolic through the flowers.

But me being me, I still took it like a champ. Every time he would say something rude or something to get under my skin, I would always come back with my usual sassy comments, no matter how hurt I was from what he said. Ever since he brought me to this damn house, I swore to myself that I would never let him see me weak. If he knew my weaknesses, he could easily kill me. He could easily break me. Once someone found out your weakness, they had the ultimate power over you. It is kind of like having your own personal Pinocchio.

Besides my everyday Theo problems (and trust me, that is A LOT of problems.), I have been trying to salvage the things Theo and Harmony burned.

My mattress was now a charcoal black, and it was about as thin as a piece of paper. I barely recognized it until I noticed that my headboard (which was now ashes), still had it's gold sparkles on it. Do not even ask why it is sparkly, because that would be another long story to explain.

All of my clothes were tiny ashes. I wasn't able to decipher what was my clothes, but it was easy to tell that my clothes were ashes, while my shoes were rough to the touch. The only thing I had left was Theo's t-shirt and the sweatpants currently on my body.

A part of me wanted to burn the shirt on my body, as if it would substitute for a voodoo doll, and when I did something terrible to it, something bad would happen to Theo. But the other part of me, the soft, insecure, sensitive part of me, wanted to keep it on me forever, for that part of me could imagine that old shirt of Theo's as the man himself with his warm, muscular arms wrapped around me, telling me everything would be okay.

A girl can imagine, right?

Perhaps the part that hurt me the most was the smithereens of the last photo I had of me, mom, dad, and Jessie. That picture was one that I held extremely close to my heart. Jessie was still alive, young, and healthy, dad hadn't aged one bit, and mom, oh mom, she was just as beautiful as an angel. It was the last family picture we took together, and every time I looked at it, I felt a sense of peace wash over me, as if my two angels and dad were always with me; even if we were thousands of miles apart.

When I found a piece of the gold frame I kept that picture in, along with a corner of the picture in the pile of rubbish, I literally broke down crying. It felt as if I had lost a piece of all three of them. That picture meant the world to me, and Theo and Harmony destroyed it. I loathed them for that. I loathed Harmony for the way she changed Theo, and I loathed Theo for letting her make him into the monster he is now.

I was sitting on the floor of my balcony, watching the beautiful sunset on the horizon, melting into an array of orange, pink, and purple, when Hazel opened the doors of my room and stepped outside with me. I didn't move, for the sunset was the only thing helping me keep my humanity.

If it wasn't for Tobias knocking me down last night, there's a huge possibility that Theo and Harmony wouldn't be alive. I mean, I was glad they were alive– hell, I could never live with myself knowing I killed two, not one, but two people- but I almost lost all of my humanity the minute Tobias stopped me.