×Forty-Seven×

Song: Battle Scars- Lupe Fiasco & Guy Sebastian

"What the hell, Melody!? A turtle could move faster than you!!" Theo yelled as I slowly ran laps around the track, and when I say slowly, I mean time could stop and I would still be moving slower than that.

Let's review how I got to this point.

I was peacefully sleeping in my cloud of a bed, when all of a sudden, I was flashed out of my bed and dropped (literally) on the gym floor. I let out a groan as I stood up, only to see I had been changed into a pair of yoga Capri's and a tank top. Plus, my hair was tied up.

Theo was then standing in front of me, looking completely unamused. Honestly, he looked like he had just figured out it was his time of the month. That humored me, but I lost all of the humor in me when I was slammed up against the wall.

Damn Theo and his stupid vampire powers.

To finish my story of how I got to the track, Theo was very consistent on making me train harder than humanly possible– maybe even more than inhumanly possible. I did squats, punched that damn bag, went through the obstacles, hell, I even did sit ups, push ups, and chin ups. He made me go through the course of hell, and he felt no remorse.

Pure evil is he, I tell you.

Now, to get back to where we were–

"I suggest you move a little faster. I know your weight holds you back, but I don't really care anymore. Move. Faster."

I let out a bitter laugh as I finished my 54th lap, "I see nothing has changed. You're still making fun of my weight."

"Well, I'm not going to lie. Nobody likes girls as big as you." I rolled my eyes as I passed him, and he said, "I know I sure as hell didn't."

Pang.

Okay, that comment hurt a lot. I still couldn't fathom how he could make fun of my weight and say he never liked me, especially when he once said I was the most beautiful girl on this planet and that he was crazy in love with me. Every time he hit me with those comments, I felt like someone was repeatedly stabbing my heart with a very sharp wooden dagger.

I had just finished my 100th lap when I collapsed. My breathing was very shaky, and my heart felt like it was about to fall out of my chest. I mean, I was still recovering from having a splinter in it. Could you honestly blame me for collapsing?

"Get back up. You are definitely not finished." Theo growled, and I glared at him.

"Well, if you wouldn't have tried to kill me and then leave a splinter in my heart, maybe I could keep going." I bit back, and he stood above me as he rolled his eyes. They turned completely red, and he glared down at me as if his glare would burn me to ashes.

"That's a damn excuse. Get your ass up now, or I will put another splinter in your heart." He stepped to the side of me, and I stood up.

But if he thought I was going to continue training, he was highly insane.

Instead, I began my walk to the gym door.

"What do you think you are doing!? You're not done training!" He yelled from behind me, and I grabbed the door handle.

"I'm leaving. I'm done doing your training." I yelled back, and he let out a growl. The man literally growled.

"The hell you are! Get your fat ass back here now!"

Before I completely walked out the door, I turned to him and flipped him off once again.

"Bite me, Dracula!!" I screamed at him, and his eyes about fell out of their sockets. That was most likely the most dumb thing I had ever dared to say, but I didn't care. I wasn't scared of Theo, and if he thought I was, then he was just plain stupid.